• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-State Game Kickoff Time

LilburnDeac

Reaction score
What time is most likely for the Wake-State game in Raleigh on November 5? My son and I are thinking about making the road trip and a lot would depend on the game time.

I need to know too...I've bought tickets, but need to know if I can fit in 18 holes before the game :)

The guy who does the weekly guesses expects a lot of 6-day holds to be used on Monday (since the networks haven't used many of them so far this season). He predicts 3:30pm on ESPN for Wake/NC State.

The guy who does the weekly guesses expects a lot of 6-day holds to be used on Monday (since the networks haven't used many of them so far this season). He predicts 3:30pm on ESPN for Wake/NC State.
Six day hold would be bad. But 3:30 would be good.

Six day hold would be bad. But 3:30 would be good.
Get used to a lot of 6-day holds for the last 4 weeks of the season if you are any good, the ACC/ESPN hasn't used many of them so far this year. It's annoying but that's the price we pay for the big TV contracts.

Wake-State almost certainly gets the hold. If we both win this week it’s a 7-1 top 10 team on the road against an in state ranked rival. That would get snatched up for espn or abc I’d imagine along with FSU-Miami

State has obviously lost their undeserved hype but it helps us if they stay ranked. Luckily they had a bye this week and then have a terrible VT team this week.

Get used to a lot of 6-day holds for the last 4 weeks of the season if you are any good, the ACC/ESPN hasn't used many of them so far this year. It's annoying but that's the price we pay for the big TV contracts.
Yeah. I'm used to it. Just makes my planning about going to the Wake-State game. I can go if its at 12 or 3:30 but probably not if its later.

Has ESPN announced what game will air at 3:30, before WF-NCSU play on the ACCN at 8:00?

Has ESPN announced what game will air at 3:30, before WF-NCSU play on the ACCN at 8:00?
Friday, Nov. 4

• Duke at Boston College, 7 p.m., ESPN2 (previously announced)
Saturday, Nov. 5

• North Carolina at Virginia, Noon, ACC Network
  • Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech, 12:30 p.m., RSN
  • Syracuse at Pitt, 3:30 p.m., ACC Network
  • Clemson at Notre Dame, 7:30 p.m., NBC (previously announced)
  • Florida State at Miami, 7:30 p.m., ABC
  • James Madison at Louisville, 7:30 p.m., ESPNU
  • Wake Forest at NC State, 8 p.m., ACC Network

The league's three best games (not including the ND game) are on the ACCN. Those are the only three games that have ranked ACC teams playing (not including the ND game).

WTF is even going on ?

Friday, Nov. 4

• Duke at Boston College, 7 p.m., ESPN2 (previously announced)
Saturday, Nov. 5

• North Carolina at Virginia, Noon, ACC Network
  • Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech, 12:30 p.m., RSN
  • Syracuse at Pitt, 3:30 p.m., ACC Network
  • Clemson at Notre Dame, 7:30 p.m., NBC (previously announced)
  • Florida State at Miami, 7:30 p.m., ABC
  • James Madison at Louisville, 7:30 p.m., ESPNU
  • Wake Forest at NC State, 8 p.m., ACC Network
thanks. So ESPN did not choose an ACC game for its 3:30 slot. I haven't seen what they did choose to air at that time (which will conflict with UT-UGA on CBS, but still a better slot than 8:00 on the ACCN)

which one's the game thread? need to kill one of them with fire.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in tickets, Wake is sold out but just confirmed with the ticket office that the schools allotment of seats are in Section 9

Upper deck only?
I'm sure there are some visiting team seats in Section 1 as well (I think you are required by the conference to have some visiting team seats in the lower level), but those were probably reserved for player/staff guests.

I have to think that ABC was already planning on choosing UNC-Wake for their Saturday night game the following week, and were not terribly excited about back to back Saturdays with all North Carolina teams on National TV. They chose the one with the two best QBS in the conference (maybe the nation ... outside of Columbus, Ohio anyway). Bring Game Day back to Winston for the UNC game!

I bought tickets through Wake since they were cheaper than going through stubhub. Not pumped about sitting upper level, but at least I'll be surrounded by Wake fans.

I have to think that ABC was already planning on choosing UNC-Wake for their Saturday night game the following week, and were not terribly excited about back to back Saturdays with all North Carolina teams on National TV. They chose the one with the two best QBS in the conference (maybe the nation ... outside of Columbus, Ohio anyway). Bring Game Day back to Winston for the UNC game!
Perhaps, but what if UNC loses to Pitt (not likely) or UVa (more likely because UVa has had a habit of spoiling potentially great UNC seasons) or if we lose to Lville or State? I don't think that either Wake or UNC is nearly as appealing with 2 or 3 losses.

if we got 8 pm ABC I'd imagine it's one of those ones where Herbstreit does not do the primetime game.

Back