• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-State Game Kickoff Time

if we got 8 pm ABC I'd imagine it's one of those ones where Herbstreit does not do the primetime game.
If Gameday is at Wake that day, and UNC/Wake is the 7:30pm ABC game, there is a 99% chance Herbstreit will call the game that night. The weeks where he doesn't do the ABC primetime game (like last week), are when the 7:30pm game is not the site of the primetime game (Oregon hosted Gameday but their game was on FOX, Minnesota/Penn State was the ABC primetime game, so they sent Herbie to Alabama/Miss. St. at 7pm on ESPN instead).

Honestly, if Wake and UNC both win the next couple weeks I could see Gameday in Winston. The only other ranked game as of right now for that week is Alabama @ Ole Miss. Of course, if Ole Miss beats TAMU this week that's almost guaranteed to be a top 15 matchup. So I'd guess they'd go there?

Both games are likely to be Top 15 matchups.

Both games are likely to be Top 15 matchups.
Wake-UNC less so for sure. Both are roughly 4 point favorites this week and will both be single digit odds on the road next week as well (both likely favored still though).

Honestly, if Wake and UNC both win the next couple weeks I could see Gameday in Winston. The only other ranked game as of right now for that week is Alabama @ Ole Miss. Of course, if Ole Miss beats TAMU this week that's almost guaranteed to be a top 15 matchup. So I'd guess they'd go there?

Gameday will go to Ole Miss-Bama

Yeah I'm not sure who hasn't been paying attention for the last 20 years, but if you think Gameday is coming to Wake/UNC over Ole Miss/Bama if all 4 teams keep winning, you are sick in the head.

Ole Miss only has 1 game until then, but it is on the road against A&M. Problem is, even if they lose, the Bama game could still decide the SEC West (both would have 2 losses and Ole Miss would have the head to head). Highly likely Gameday heads to Oxford no matter what results occur in the next 2 weeks.

ETA it's unfortunate Will Levis blew that UK/Ole Miss game, as we'd have a much better chance.

Don't think one loss will make a difference, but we've now filled that quota. Think we both need to win this coming weekend to guarantee the ABC slot. 2 losses in a row, must bump us down. Beat the Wolfpack!

Back