• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-State game thread

You don't do that chant unless the school is your rival.

From the quotes sections of the article:

Total horsefeathers. Was at the game until the very end, nobody chanting that. Nobody. There were numerous game attendees who posted the same (that there was NO such chant), and conveniently they have been erased. I would challenge the author to produce some supporting audio.

I mean we don't consider state a rival any more than they do us. It's a two-way street then.

The whole "not our rival" thing is stupid. UNC fans started that crap to get under State fans skin. The Tobacco Road rivalries are what made basketball in North Carolina great. To downplay them will ultimately hurt the sport here and cause a big part of North Carolina culture to become a thing of the past.

N&O sports staff never misses an opportunity to crap on WF whenever we are down in football or basketball.

Watch some of the Michigan/Michigan State game that is on now and tell me in-state rivalries don't mean anything.

From the quotes sections of the article:

Total horsefeathers. Was at the game until the very end, nobody chanting that. Nobody. There were numerous game attendees who posted the same (that there was NO such chant), and conveniently they have been erased. I would challenge the author to produce some supporting audio.

Well, whoever wrote that in the quotes sections of the article needs to turn up their hearing aid, because the "not our rival" chant was definitely present in the last minutes of the contest.

Watch some of the Michigan/Michigan State game that is on now and tell me in-state rivalries don't mean anything.

Michigan/Michigan State would be the equivalent of UNC/NC State, which absolutely does mean something. In-state rivalries between state schools are almost always a big deal.

Rivalries between big state schools and small private schools are more rare, except where the small private school has an extended history of success. See, Duke - UNC.

Well, whoever wrote that in the quotes sections of the article needs to turn up their hearing aid, because the "not our rival" chant was definitely present in the last minutes of the contest.

I never heard it.

I was at the game. I never heard the chant. If there was one, it wasn't loud enough to be worth mentioning.

I did not hear any not our rivals in the student section.

Not sure if you're saying that you sat in the student section and did not hear it or that you did not hear it emanate from the student section. If it is the latter, I agree. It started in the lower bowl section directly across the court from the State bench. It did not rock the arena by any means and lasted less than a minute, but it was audible, although I dont doubt that many may have missed it.

Not sure if you're saying that you sat in the student section and did not hear it or that you did not hear it emanate from the student section. If it is the latter, I agree. It started in the lower bowl section directly across the court from the State bench. It did not rock the arena by any means and lasted less than a minute, but it was audible, although I dont doubt that many may have missed it.

No State fan doesn't think of Wake as a rival. Just like no State fan doesn't think of Duke and UNC as rivals.

The State students were protesting the ACC scheduling bullshit from that cocklicking UNC lapdog Johnny Swofford. That's all.

No State fan doesn't think of Wake as a rival. Just like no State fan doesn't think of Duke and UNC as rivals.

The State students were protesting the ACC scheduling bullshit from that cocklicking UNC lapdog Johnny Swofford. That's all.

This. As I said in my previous post, Wake is a B4 rival and always will be. We were just pissed at how that clown Swofford set up the expansion. Any chants were not directed at Wake per se, more like Swofford.

:rofl:

Back