• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

I don't know a lot about college tennis. Is there an ACC tournament? When is the NCAA tournament?

I don't know a lot about college tennis. Is there an ACC tournament? When is the NCAA tournament?

ACC tournament is towards the end of April (we're the defending champs). The NCAA tournament starts like the second weekend in May with a regional site that Wake will host and then the finals are a week later in Athens, Ga.

Virginia wins the acc tournament every year until last year when uspensky won a thriller to give our deals a thrilling win. And then we backed it up by beating them again this year. Tourney is always in Cary.

Virginia wins the acc tournament every year until last year when uspensky won a thriller to give our deals a thrilling win. And then we backed it up by beating them again this year. Tourney is always in Cary.

Not this year. It got moved to Rome, Ga. because of HB2.

I met former walk-on commit Vuk Budic's mom last night. She spoke very highly of the staff. She took a job in Chicago, which seemed to be the impetus for the commitment switch, but she didn't go into detail. Looks like he hasn't had a great first year at UofI.

Skander and Petros lost their singles matches. Skander never looked comfortable out there and Petros lost it at the very end with a break at 4-4 in the 3rd.

I thought the 2 weeks off (or traveling for Davis Cup) affected the team. We seemed sluggish throughout the match on most courts. But it's a win.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The women's team sits at 6-6 in the ACC with very winnable home matches left against BC and Syracuse. Win both of those and we would finish no worse than tied for 6th in the conference, which would be our best finish in a lonnnnnnng time.

The Wake men beat Louisville today 6-1 to complete the regular season undefeated at home for this first time in 37 years. Wake looked really good in doubles and pretty solid in singles. Petros looked like he was coasting a bit, and Uspensky dropped his first set (he also had his back worked on between doubles and singles). Wake will be really busy this upcoming week, with away matches on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. The ACC tournament will start one week from Wednesday.

Wake has been an interesting team this year. We are #1 in the country by a large margin in the ITA computer rankings, but we haven't been completely dominant. A lot of the wins have been 4-3 against tough teams, often with Wake winning the doubles point. The only dominant singles player, for his position, has been Gojo at 2/3. Petros has been very good, but he lost to the #1 for FSU and had some 3 set matches against players that are not top 10 (VT comes to mind).

the wednesday match vs state has been rescheduled for thursday

New ITA rankings are out today. Wake men remain #1 in the country. Petros is #3, Skander #15, Gojo #45, and Seraphim #69. In doubles, Skander and Seraphim remain #1. The Wake women are #30.

Double header today against NC State and BC. Easy early victory against NC State (6-0 with one match still playing).

Check out these rankings:

1Wake Forest81.991
2Ohio State69.532
3Virginia68.583
4Baylor67.814
5Oklahoma State63.465
6Southern California62.436
7Texas58.898
8UCLA57.177
9TCU56.769
10Texas A&M55.9510

#8 UCLA is closer to #2 Ohio State than Ohio State is to us.

The Skander/Seraphim bromance makes me happy. Those dudes seem to really love each other.

Double header today against NC State and BC. Easy early victory against NC State (6-0 with one match still playing).

Check out these rankings:

1Wake Forest81.991
2Ohio State69.532
3Virginia68.583
4Baylor67.814
5Oklahoma State63.465
6Southern California62.436
7Texas58.898
8UCLA57.177
9TCU56.769
10Texas A&M55.9510

#8 UCLA is closer to #2 Ohio State than Ohio State is to us.

That is impressive!

I think we are in a position where, outside of a losses to either BC, ND, or in the 1st or 2nd round of ACCs, we will still be the #1 overall seed even if we lose to UVA or UNC in the ACC finals. This is important so we avoid playing UVA or OSU until the finals. The other top 4 team, IMO, is TCU, who is currently 9th, but I think they will end up 4th, which means that is our Final Four opponent if we get there. UNC is another dangerous floater. They are currently 12th overall, which means they'd have to beat TCU to get to us.

We are #1 by a large margin so the loss to Ohio State didn't matter...? ��

It mattered because otherwise we would have been playing for a national title!

Gojo lost at 2 today. He had won 12 or so straight matches. He was down a set and 4-5 (down a break, I think) and came back to force a third set tiebreak.

Wake plays BC tomorrow. They are terrible.

Back