• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

The women played this weekend at the ITA nationals and went 2-1 this weekend. Lost to #2 Vandy 4-0 Friday, but then beat host Wisconsin 4-0 yesterday and #12 Auburn 4-1.

The women have had a very impressive start to the year. Emma Davis has been really good at 1 singles.

I might be missing a joke but what's the concern?

Oh, it's not a joke. My concern is that UNC is going to steal our championship, and they'll do so with an obnoxious crowd of baby blue bandwagoners cheering them on.

Oh, it's not a joke. My concern is that UNC is going to steal our championship, and they'll do so with an obnoxious crowd of baby blue bandwagoners cheering them on.

UNC is very good

Draws for NTI should be out tomorrow as well as master lineups. If ITA rankings hold true, we will play Washington in 1st round, USC/Okla St in 2nd rd, probably UGA/Stanford in semis, in what should be a tough match. I like OSU to make it out of the bottom, but UNC and TAMU will also have a shot. Be interesting to see if TAMU does anything with Kypson.

Also curious to see how we do lineups, especially in dubs. I gotta think Seraphim is close to being ready for 5 or 6 singles.

Draws for NTI should be out tomorrow as well as master lineups. If ITA rankings hold true, we will play Washington in 1st round, USC/Okla St in 2nd rd, probably UGA/Stanford in semis, in what should be a tough match. I like OSU to make it out of the bottom, but UNC and TAMU will also have a shot. Be interesting to see if TAMU does anything with Kypson.

Also curious to see how we do lineups, especially in dubs. I gotta think Seraphim is close to being ready for 5 or 6 singles.

The draw is out, and Wake is the 1 seed. As you indicated, it went by ITA rankings, so we play Washington first. I agree with OSU making it out of the other half. For those that don't know, Kypson is a really good American (from NC) freshmen at TAMU, and after losing a close match to Ohio State last week he spit on his hand right before the post-game handshake. It was caught on video. I bet TAMU sits him this weekend.

Master Lineups are out:

1. Borna
2. Petros
3. Skan
4. Botzer
5. Seraphim
6. Cungu

Zlobinsky is up next.

1. Dempster/Seraphim
2. Borna/Skan
3. Petros/Botzer

A lot of people will question splitting Skan/Dirk after 3 years together, a natty, #1 team in the nation, but I applaud Bresky for trying what he thinks is best, and who knows, maybe we will go back to them at some point.

4-0 over UW tonight. Doubles come down to Gojo/Skander who won 6-4 at 2... singles was pretty comfortable all the way around. Won 1st sets on all 6 courts and at the end of the match we had 2nd set leads of 5-4 (Gojo at 1), 5-3 (Petros at 2), and 5-3 (Skander at 3).
Southern Cal or OK State tomorrow at 6:30 ET.... SC up 2-1 at the moment.

Last edited:
Wake loses doubles point.

UP a break or more in 3 first sets. On serve in 2. Down a break in 1

Deacs win! Really solid match after losing the double point.

Wake wins 4-1.

We dominated the singles winning 4. We were up a set on serve deep in the 2nd in one match. Lost the first set in the last but were up 5-2 in the second.

We are good.

Wake wins 4-1.

We dominated the singles winning 4. We were up a set on serve deep in the 2nd in one match. Lost the first set in the last but were up 5-2 in the second.

We are good.

Figured we would lose today, because that just seemed to be the way the day was going for Wake sports teams. Tennis team must be good to overcome all of that.

Figured we would lose today, because that just seemed to be the way the day was going for Wake sports teams. Tennis team must be good to overcome all of that.

We are very good. I think we might be even better outdoors.

At number 1 singles our guy, ranked number 100, beat their guy, ranked number 12, 3 and 3.

Back