• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to host Paradise Jam?

Myrtle Beach is typically in worse shape than the USVI currently are in after the hurricanes.

Nothing quite like summering on the redneck riviera.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Are there even enough hotel rooms in Lynchburg ?

dang and I'm actually going to be in Lynchburg right after for Thanksgiving

Well, Liberty is basically throwing money around to up their rep.

Their arena has 8k seats and a low ceiling. DonaldRoss will approve.

Liberty is paying ODU $1.3 million for a home football game. If they threw out some ridicuous sum like that, then let them host this meaningless preseason tournament.

Good luck to Liberty hosting and the Deacs in the tournament. And most important, let's hope some serious $ is raised for the USVI who desperately need it.

But this is a huge lost opportunity for Wake Forest and Winston-Salem. How in the world can we, with Tim Duncan, lose out on hosting the Paradise Jam? It would have been a tremendous opportunity to leverage our relationship with him and help the USVI in the process. If we lost out, shame on us. If we didn't want it, shame on us too.

Selfishly, the games will be an hour closer to my house in Lynchburg than W-S. But this relocation was tailor-made for us, and we whiffed. I'm very disappointed.

Liberty is throwing lots of money around to enhance their reputation in sports. I am sure no one else was close to what they offered.

Somehow I doubt money going into a college built around a conservative prosperity gospel is going to make it to the USVI.

Back