• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to keep [Redacted] according to John Feinstein sources

vader.jpg

(I posted this last year when it was announced that we would keep Bzz, and it is even more appropriate now.)

It's going to go down like that scene in the Godfather. Wellman is in Dayton attending some douchey luncheon. Meanwhile, in Winston, BabyDeac is tragically murdered via car bomb, while Childress and Battle load their shit into boxes and [Redacted] puts his signature on a contract extension.

It better not be true. Honestly why in the hell would he even want to still coach this team or at this school? His life cannot be enjoyable.

Seriously doubt this information is true. Wellman is not the kind of AD that demands coaches fire assistants. He leaves that stuff to the Head Coach. That Wellam would insist that Bz fire one of Childress and Battle is just laughable.

I'm making a conscience decision to trust Baby, KVegas, Lectro and Stratt on this one. Without the hope those posters offer, I would be sitting in a puddle of my own, tears, shit and vomit right now.

LOL at including Lectro in that list.

It better not be true. Honestly why in the hell would he even want to still coach this team or at this school? His life cannot be enjoyable.

The seven figure stipend he receives will buy a shit load of seafood down at the beach house!

The part of me that enjoys spectacles wants this to happen. If true, Wellman is lighting himself on fire. It's wild. it's different. It's insane. I want to watch it happen, all of it.

The part of me that loves Wake Forest feels otherwise.
This is the worst part of the Bz era. The anger and apathy are bad too, but now it's gotten to the point where interest in basketball has been redirected to public misery-the anger itself has become the entertainment. There were people rooting against the Deacs all year ostensibly in hopes that it would lead to future improvement, but IMO it was also in part because in the absence of postseason prospects, a message board meltdown is the most entertaining thing that can happen as a result of a Wake basketball game.

At this point, I'm agnostic as to what actually will happen, but am leaning bzout, mostly due to the tone of Dan Collins columns. Here's hoping this is the last meltdown thread we see for a while. (Sorry if I sounded preachy, I'm just as guilty of being amused by the gifs and other anger as anyone else).

Back