• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to keep [Redacted] according to John Feinstein sources

Bzzz's contract is the thing that seals it for me. He has one year left - there are only two choices here, get rid of him or extend him. To keep him without extending would go against all common logic known by all ADs everywhere. I know Ron's behavior during this whole Buzz-aster has been strange but do we really think he has strayed that far off of the beaten path? As for an extension, I cannot even get my mind around that one...

IjCSqFH.png

But who was pilot?

The assistant thing seals that its bullshit. You can't have a lame duck coach and burn all the assistant coaching recruiting ties. Not even Ron is that fucked in the head.

And then he said Buzz Williams wants to coach VT. C'mon.

I'll be shocked if its true but it would be kind of amazing to the point where it would be the worst move an AD has ever made.

WFNZ is a CBS Sports station. Feinstein works for CBS Sports.

The assistant thing seals that its bullshit. You can't have a lame duck coach and burn all the assistant coaching recruiting ties. Not even Ron is that fucked in the head.

I'll be shocked if its true but it would be kind of amazing to the point where it would be the worst move an AD has ever made.

There have been a lot of rumors about the lazy habits of our assistants on the recruiting trail. Would not surprise me one bit. I know several upper level donors have had beef with one assistant in particular for dropping the ball with triangle area recruits.

Bzzz's contract is the thing that seals it for me. He has one year left - there are only two choices here, get rid of him or extend him. To keep him without extending would go against all common logic known by all ADs everywhere. I know Ron's behavior during this whole Buzz-aster has been strange but do we really think he has strayed that far off of the beaten path? As for an extension, I cannot even get my mind around that one...

^^^ this ^^^

No sane person would leave Marquette for VT. Plus he's making $2.8M at Marquette.

Back