• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-UNC Game Thread - 8:00 pm

Dakich said at halftime that he though we had a little bit of quit in us. Especially that last bucket for UNC, nobody ran back down the court to even try to stop them.

We don't know how to win. I don't know if we have a little quit in us or what, but things won't change until we actually win one of these games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know how to win. I don't know if we have a little quit in us or what, but things won't change until we actually win one of these games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. I don't think we quit at all last night except perhaps the last couple minutes of the 1st half.

That is correct. I don't think we quit at all last night except perhaps the last couple minutes of the 1st half.

I don't think we quit at any point. I just don't think our guys understand what it means to play hard/smart.whatever for a full 40 minutes. 5 minutes of 80% effort on defense can cost you a game. 5 minutes of guys going one on three and/or not making that one extra pass to find an open man can cost you a game.

Not much mention on this thread of our defensive woes. We were putrid on D for more than half the game, which led to a 19-pt deficit. That's why we lost.

+1. Until the Deacons learn to play defense as a unit for 40 minutes they will never achieve the success they desire.

I agree and that is what Dakich was referring to. It was halftime that he said that. Obviously we gave full effort all second half.

Back