• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v. #6 Xavier -- 7:00 pm on a TUESDAY! TV--Fox Sports Carolinas

WFU1990

Reaction score
We find out if we are for real. GO DEACS! Let's do this!

I noted this on the Coastal Carolina thread, but not only did Xavier continue recruiting Eddie Ekiyor after we stopped recruiting him due to his hit-and-run, Xavier is adding him to the team in a week. Not just a commitment - adding him to the roster. The guy was a 2016 recruit and is now suddenly on Xavier's team. He will practice and travel with the team but will "most likely redshirt" this year. Talk about sketchy.

Of course, the Cincinnati newspaper article does not even mention the hit and run issue.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/xaviersports/2015/12/18/coming-soon-to-xu-eddie-ekiyor/77574954/

I fully expect us to get crunched in front of 75 people at The Joel.

I'm expecting a close game that hopefully Wake pulls out. I see Vegas has WF +7/7.5 which I find good value in.

I fully expect us to get crunched in front of 75 people at The Joel.

I think Xavier is both mentally and physically tougher than we are ... but for some reason, I think Crab and Dinos rain 3's ... and we had 'em their 1st loss in an upset.

Wake will have some pretty big recruits in attendance Rechon Black, Jarius Hamilton, etc...

My Wake alum brother is coming in for Christmas so I got tickets for us. The lower bowl was nearly sold out.

The lower bowl was nearly sold out.

So far the lower bowl attendance has been pretty good this year. WFU did a great job of offering low priced options in the lower bowl. The upper deck has been scarcely populated and its nowhere the attendance we had 10 years ago, but its much better than just a few years ago.

I don't like our chances against the pack-line. I can see us getting frustrated and jacking up bad outside shots. Plus X is a very good rebounding team, so we will be challenged to get the break going.

Wish X still had the Stainbrook. That dude was one of my favorite college players in a while.

Wish X still had the Stainbrook. That dude was one of my favorite college players in a while.

You'll be happy to know that they have his little brother on the roster this year. But I don't think he'll see much time unless we're down huge.

So actually... Maybe you will see him.

Yes, I think he was a walk-on last year and Matt offered up his scholarship to him and paid on his own by being an Uber driver.

We need to play a perfect game to win. Possible...

Wilbekin and Dinos need to be on to stretch defense and get Devin looks inside...Crawford and CMM need to push push push

Of course on defense we need to guard somebody, especially the three

Yes, I think he was a walk-on last year and Matt offered up his scholarship to him and paid on his own by being an Uber driver.

He did offer up his scholarship but he didn't pay his own way by being an Uber driver. For some reason, he had tuition paid another way - likely related to him being a 5th year transfer or something. But he was an Uber driver for extra cash.

I expect the crowd to be pretty good. Heard a lot of people that don't normally come are coming, so that should make for a better crowd.

Xavier is very good, and I'm very concerned with our defense.

I'm surprised at how many people think the crowd will be decent. This seems like the kind of game where, if close in the second half, a great crowd could be a valuable asset to our young-ish team. With the students gone, I can't imagine the crowd being that great, even for a top 10 opponent. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm surprised at how many people think the crowd will be decent. This seems like the kind of game where, if close in the second half, a great crowd could be a valuable asset to our young-ish team. With the students gone, I can't imagine the crowd being that great, even for a top 10 opponent. I hope I'm wrong.

The AD has been giving away tickets to faculty, staff, and families. They know this is a big game and they have planned accordingly.

They have also been on sale for very low prices at the Deacon Shop at the Mall.

I'm not saying it will be a mid 2000's crowd, but it should be one of our better attended OOC games in the past few years. The lower bowl will likely be pretty full.

Back