• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v. Clemson Who's Going?

Wasn't that the horrible pass interference call against us in our own end zone? One of the worst PI calls i've ever seen.

Picturing Clawson going apeshit if he were the coach then is amusing. I don't really remember Grobe's reaction, but I'm sure it was standing there with his arms crossed and a blank stare on his face.

Thank god I got there in 1990. The dawn of an era of completely wiped and bleached ass at least in hoops.

Picturing Clawson going apeshit if he were the coach then is amusing. I don't really remember Grobe's reaction, but I'm sure it was standing there with his arms crossed and a blank stare on his face.

Pretty sure he was crouched picking grass.

The retire Meyer game was awesome, but yes there really wasn't much else.

It was interesting. Between 1981-1985 Wake bball was in the postseason every year, with the highlights being the 14-0 run to open the '80-'81 season and the '84 Elite 8. But football was awful. Then bball went down the tubes but football hired Dooley and had a couple of winning seasons (and under today's system would have gone to 2 bowls)

It was interesting. Between 1981-1985 Wake bball was in the postseason every year, with the highlights being the 14-0 run to open the '80-'81 season and the '84 Elite 8. But football was awful. Then bball went down the tubes but football hired Dooley and had a couple of winning seasons (and under today's system would have gone to 2 bowls)

Mackovic did no recruiting and left after the 1980 season and left Groh to pick up the pieces. Groh finally had a 6-5 season and hit the road. Groh was a legend in his own mind. Funny thing was Mack left for an assistant position with the Cowpokes and Groh left for an assistant job with the Falcons. Dooley came in 1987 and did a pretty good job. He was an old ball coach.

Mackovic did no recruiting and left after the 1980 season and left Groh to pick up the pieces. Groh finally had a 6-5 season and hit the road. Groh was a legend in his own mind. Funny thing was Mack left for an assistant position with the Cowpokes and Groh left for an assistant job with the Falcons. Dooley came in 1987 and did a pretty good job. He was an old ball coach.

Groh coached for 2 more seasons after his winning season in 1984. His next team was 4-7 and lost by only 3 to NCSU, 2 at Tennessee, 2 to UVa. And his last team was 5-6 and lost close games by 4 to NCSU, by 2 to UVa, by 2 to Duke. He brought in some talent to Wake but could never take the next step. Dooley came in and won with his players.

Wasn't that the horrible pass interference call against us in our own end zone? One of the worst PI calls i've ever seen.

PI in the Clemson endzone if I recall correctly. One of two phantom PI calls that essentially cost us the win.

Groh coached for 2 more seasons after his winning season in 1984. His next team was 4-7 and lost by only 3 to NCSU, 2 at Tennessee, 2 to UVa. And his last team was 5-6 and lost close games by 4 to NCSU, by 2 to UVa, by 2 to Duke. He brought in some talent to Wake but could never take the next step. Dooley came in and won with his players.

I was at the Tennessee game. We win if we had a decent kicker. UT fans were unhappy after because they knew they should have lost to Wake at home.

I was at the Tennessee game. We win if we had a decent kicker. UT fans were unhappy after because they knew they should have lost to Wake at home.

Was that the game that our QB Foy White got injuried too?

hopefully more than the 200 Wake fans I saw at Notre Dame

Well, I think I did my part James....whistled and yelled my head off. We were right above the Sec.114 portal, you ?

If we play - sans the 3 critical mistakes/penalty - at Clemson like we did in South Bend ain't gonna be any blowout.

GO DEACS !

If we play - sans the 3 critical mistakes/penalty - at Clemson like we did in South Bend ain't gonna be any blowout.

So, basically, we need to play the best game we've played in years and have no mistakes so that we can lose without getting blown out? Go Deacs!!!

I'll be there for as long as my two little kids allow us to stay

So, basically, we need to play the best game we've played in years and have no mistakes so that we can lose without getting blown out? Go Deacs!!!

At this point in the complete overhaul under Clawson while playing the #1 team in the country on the road ? Correct !

GO DEACS !

Was that the game that our QB Foy White got injuried too?

I don't remember that. Hard to believe we would have hung with UT (who had just knocked off #1 the week before IIRC and was on the cover of SI) without our starting QB.

There is a group of about 25 Yank transplants to Winston going to Death Valley and sitting in Wake section. You should be able to pick them out. :thumbsup:

I admire the spirit of all of you going to that game. I think Clemson is one of the shittiest places I've ever been.

Back