• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake V. Clemson

Clawson was preparing Hinton to play against UVA and he re-injuries himself on the 3rd live play in practice, doesn't sound like he was ready nor would for the rest of the regular season. I really don't think Clawson is just holding him out.

Clawson announced two weeks ago that Hinton wasn't going to play in a game 7-8 weeks away.

We already have good receivers.

Maybe. We definitely don't have a good QB.

Agreed. We ought to be able to find a 6'2+ QB who runs a sub 5.0 40 time and can make college level throws. If that existed this year, we easily could be playing for our 9th win next week.

Maybe, but that is assuming all of our receivers would be getting open for, and catching, those college level throws.

Agreed. We ought to be able to find a 6'2+ QB who runs a sub 5.0 40 time and can make college level throws. If that existed this year, we easily could be playing for our 9th win next week.

Not with our vanilla offensive scheme.

Wolford can run but that's it. Too short. Not accurate on long passes. Arm is only decent. Go with Kearns and run the I formation more often.

Kearns gets the ball out faster than Wolford. His topside is much higher. We were only supposed to score 10 points yesterday and could easily have scored 17 or more.

Kearns is going to be a good quarterback. He starts next week. The spread will be about 5 but we will win by two touchdowns.

What a relief to have a quarterback who can see over the line of scrimmage and makes quick decisions.

Agree. Redshirting Hinton is hella useless.

I don't think that decision has to be made for another two years, ie. after his normal senior year. Things could be a lot different then. (assuming
he is out for the year)

Last edited:
Agree. Redshirting Hinton is hella useless.

Huh? If he's not going to play anyway, it doesn't hurt us. If we decide we want to cut him loose after four years, we will. We do it all the time with redshirted guys who aren't going to be meaningful contributors as fifth-year players. It's better to have the option rather than bringing him back for a bowl game

I'd like to win the bowl game.

Last I heard, Hinton's knee was a worse injury than initially perceived. They aren't going to play him again this season to prevent anything from jeopardizing his ability to play next season, which they fear could happen if he tries to come back this year.

Maybe he wants to RS and possibly transfer for his final year if things don't work out here?

Here we have people discussing by far our best QB for this offense transferring or moving positions and also a guy with a QBR of 5 last game starting again.

Wolford is going to finish this season as our QB if he is healthy. Then Hinton will be the starting QB next season.

Here we have people discussing by far our best QB for this offense transferring or moving positions and also a guy with a QBR of 5 last game starting again.

Wolford is going to finish this season as our QB if he is healthy. Then Hinton will be the starting QB next season.
Really? Then let's just cancel spring and pre-season practices. Kearns deserves a fair shot at it. Agree that Wolford should start the final 2 games this year if healthy but should be pulled in favor of Kearns if he plays poorly. Wolford should redshirt next year and play a fifth year at a 1AA school.

Back