• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Virginia Tech Game Thread

Sorry, but somewhat BS, if Devin is in there the lane is not that wide open. It was shocking how CJ had a wide open lane to the hoop with 8 seconds left.

And as others have said, right now the odds are that most of our frosh are missing a pressure shot at the rim.

Not really, Devin could be on the baseline or sealing off another big from the weakside. I'd have to look at the replay but are you asserting Cav flew in from the wing/arc and simply missed the bunny cuz he was jumping so high for so long? He was flat-footed man, so your assertion the lane was wide open isn't necessarily true.

The last play was fine. It was the 5+ minutes of Cav and chase in the middle of the second half that killed us. Vt went on a run and the crowd got back into it and bzz didn't use his timeouts or make any adjustments. That more than anything else lost the game for us

VaT has Adam Smith waiting in the wings to replace Green next season. Smith as you recall, lit us up for 32 pts when he was a freshman at UNC-W.

Whining about [Redacted]'s handshake demeanor is so damn stupid.

I would normally agree, but in this case I thought the handshake line thing was extreme behavior. He has assburgers

So is whining about the refs.

It was a blown call that lost us the game versus [Redacted] handshakes not being happy and friendly enough. Not even in the same ballpark, but good to know that's what matters to you.

You should be enjoying the loss, right?

It was a blown call that lost us the game versus [Redacted] handshakes not being happy and friendly enough. Not even in the same ballpark, but good to know that's what matters to you.

Haha first of all there was no foul on the last play. Second of all, that play didn't lose us the game. Extended minutes with Cav and chase on the floor lost us the game.

The last play was fine. It was the 5+ minutes of Cav and chase in the middle of the second half that killed us. Vt went on a run and the crowd got back into it and bzz didn't use his timeouts or make any adjustments. That more than anything else lost the game for us

This.

It was not a blown call.

I don't enjoy losses.

No excuse for losing this game. Sub patterns were his usual crap but we missed wide open shot after wide open shot. CJ being 3 for 14 or 15 was killer. And Cav cannot play the post so having him in there when a rebound and put back was needed was just plain stupid. All of that being said I can't put this on the coach. The plan on Green was good and fouls on Codi hurt. But again their defense was not very good and we still shot 35%. Wide open shots from 3 and from short as well. Hate to do it but this one lays at the feet of CJ more than anything else. I am just sick of losing good effort or bad.

CJ was fouled. Watched the replay about 10 times. Ref let them play. It happens. Based on the previous call it's bullshit, but it happens.

I don't really understand all the hate for Cav. Before the tip attempt at the buzzer he shot 50%, 2/2 from deep, only had 1 turnover and was our only bench player to score. Moto went 2/11, took 2 horrible 3's and committed a huge charge at the end - and they played equal minutes. Cav was awful last game but we need him going forward whenever Devin gets in foul trouble.

Chase's playing time still makes no sense to me. I get that Rountree is struggling to get through screens and rebound because he's not strong enough so Moto's getting the lion share of PT, but Chase? I don't get it.

What is it with Bzzz and immediately making substitutions when we start to go on a run? If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Not really, Devin could be on the baseline or sealing off another big from the weakside. I'd have to look at the replay but are you asserting Cav flew in from the wing/arc and simply missed the bunny cuz he was jumping so high for so long? He was flat-footed man, so your assertion the lane was wide open isn't necessarily true.

Just take a look at it. I've got it on the DVR right now. With 4 seconds left no VT man has a foot in the lane. Chase, Travis and CMM are all beyond the 3pt line. Cav ran through the lane and was going to the corner, his man was following him. When CJ started his drive, Cav's man went back to the rim and was the only defender between CJ and a dunk/layup.

Once Cav's man left him, Cav went to the rim for the rebound.

I don't know what else to say, unless you expect a wide open dunk/layup to win the game there was not much more that could be done except to finish the play.

It's petty to point out that our coach repeatedly acts like a condescending asshole?

Sure, here's the conversation. RW to the BOT, 'well I have have to get rid of Bzz the lunatic fringe doesn't like the way he shakes hands at the end of games'.

Seriously, it just sounds stupid.

CJ was fouled. Watched the replay about 10 times. Ref let them play. It happens. Based on the previous call it's bullshit, but it happens.

I don't really understand all the hate for Cav. Before the tip attempt at the buzzer he shot 50%, 2/2 from deep, only had 1 turnover and was our only bench player to score. Moto went 2/11, took 2 horrible 3's and committed a huge charge at the end - and they played equal minutes. Cav was awful last game but we need him going forward whenever Devin gets in foul trouble.

Chase's playing time still makes no sense to me. I get that Rountree is struggling to get through screens and rebound because he's not strong enough so Moto's getting the lion share of PT, but Chase? I don't get it.

It's called home court advantage. 90% of home court advantage is the disparity in 50/50 calls from the refs. 6% is scheduling. 4% is the crowd, familiarity with surroundings, etc. You can't expect to get that call on the road. You need to be far enough ahead at that point that you don't need the call if you're not going to make the shot regardless.

I can't blame this loss on Buzzy Boy because the CJ drive in the last seconds was the right call but I still question his strategies. (since the Stetson game)
Travis played one HELL OF A GAME!!!!!

Sure, here's the conversation. RW to the BOT, 'well I have have to get rid of Bzz the lunatic fringe doesn't like the way he shakes hands at the end of games'.

Seriously, it just sounds stupid.

You're being deliberately obtuse. People don't want Bz fired for how he shakes hands after games. RW could list 1000 reasons for firing Bz and still not get to that one, BUT the manner in which he shakes hands after games certainly reinforces the perception that he is an asshole.

Back