• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Virginia Tech Game Thread

The Quad was rolled (pitifully). After beating the worst team in the ACC. Oh my God. How far we have fallen.

Well, ok, so I have a subscription to Wake Forest All-Access. I played the replay of the radio broadcast to see what happened in the post game interview. The recording was coming out of commercial at 2:52, then suddenly it jumps to 2:58 and they are in the middle of asking Bzz a question.

Now I'm wondering if someone had the replay edited. They certainly don't cut out the commercials.

You might as well forget that, mebane. We have lots of posters on this board who are totally invested in failure. Their reputation and feeling of self-worth are at stake here. They would look weak if they gave any credit to [Redacted] now. However, this team has gotten significantly better...and is going to continue to get even better. All their bitching, whining and hoping for the worst isn't going to change that. This game thread is a good example. It was actually comical seeing posters desperately straining to find something they could be negative about. Depending upon the ACC Tournament schedule and a possible NIT bid, I don't think that 20 wins is out of the question this year.

bkf, stop with all the truthiness. Irrational people don't want to hear it.

"You know what,'' he replied, rhetorically. "I'm so sick and tired of talking about the road.''
To which I replied.
"I'm sick and tired of asking about it.''
To which he replied.
"Well then, let's have a pact,'' he said. "You don't ask and I don't answer.''

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_330bc4d2-83df-11e3-91a2-001a4bcf6878.html

I guess you can't say "You'd have to ask him" about road games

That's completely pathetic. Seems like every time he opens his mouth he makes you hate him even more. His star of the game recognized that our road record was fair game for questions, but the guy making $1mil per year, part of whose job description is to answer questions from the media, doesn't want to answer those relevant questions. This is the difference between Buzzdick and London's situation here at UVA. Nearly everyone here recognizes London needs to go but most recognize he's a good guy and it's a shame he's not working out. Buzzdick, OTOH, is a total asshat in addition to being a miserable coach.

And though it was nice to get a road W, let's not kid ourselves, it really wasn't an impressive performance beating Eddie and the Walk-ons. I hadn't seen VT yet this year and didn't realize they were this devoid of talent. And came away not too disappointed we missed out on Avon Barksdale. I'm not sure this VT team would be competitive in the Southern Conference. But it was nice to see Travis have a big game in his last college game in his home state - mom was proud, so that was nice for him and his family.

I was there Monday- today with the wife. I saw two dudes rocking wake forest gear yesterday in Hollywood studios. You happen to be one of them?

No, but I was wearing Wake gear at Animal Kingdom and got a solid "Go Deacs" from someone.

You might as well forget that, mebane. We have lots of posters on this board who are totally invested in failure. Their reputation and feeling of self-worth are at stake here. They would look weak if they gave any credit to [Redacted] now. However, this team has gotten significantly better...and is going to continue to get even better. All their bitching, whining and hoping for the worst isn't going to change that. This game thread is a good example. It was actually comical seeing posters desperately straining to find something they could be negative about. Depending upon the ACC Tournament schedule and a possible NIT bid, I don't think that 20 wins is out of the question this year.

The first half last night is probably the best this team has played under Bzz, which isn't saying a lot. We have gotten significantly better, which isn't saying a lot (considering the depths [Redacted] took us to). I would guess we don't finish above 80 in kenpom this year (meaning we will not likely "continue to get even better").

Giving [Redacted] "credit where credit is due" for this win would be like you giving James Johnson credit for going to one intro to golf class after spring break his sophomore year.

Watching the replay now...seeing Travis's mom have a front-row seat as her son lights up his hometown team with all these first half 3s is worth whatever small impact this win has (if any) for [Redacted]'s tenure at Wake.

Hate to break it to you, but Blacksburg is not Travis' hometown. He's from Richmond.

Cory Alexander is a cocksucker. He absolutely hates Wake.

Rims, Racing and Sounds.

Interweb says it is now Rims, Racing, Sounds and Security.

I don't think they were actually in business long enough to come up with the fourth one.

Who knows, or cares?

Last edited:

Why should a coach get credit for winning only his 2nd road ACC game in almost 4 seasons, over a bad team that was without 2 key players? If we go on to win a few more road games this season, then maybe it gets to the point to where Bzzz might deserve some credit for turning it around, but not after one road win. At the current pace Bzzz would have to be coach here for 15 years to get to double digit road ACC wins, chew on that for moment.

A win is a win, pretty or not. The rest of the season will determine Buzz's future.

A win is a win, pretty or not. The rest of the season will determine Buzz's future.

That's the hard part isn't it? I mean I will never pull against our team and I was very happy they got the win last night, but I see no long-term good coming out of Bzzz putting together a good enough season for Wellman to bring him back next season with a probable extension. Can anyone make a strong argument that Bzzzz could possible be a coach to led us to any kind of real success in the future? I'm reasonable, I'll listen, but I just don't see it.

That's the hard part isn't it? I mean I will never pull against our team and I was very happy they got the win last night, but I see no long-term good coming out of Bzzz putting together a good enough season for Wellman to bring him back next season with a probable extension. Can anyone make a strong argument that Bzzzz could possible be a coach to led us to any kind of real success in the future? I'm reasonable, I'll listen, but I just don't see it.

This is my mindset as well. I'm glad they're winning games, but I feel like it's a series of Pyrrhic victories for the long-term good of the program.

Buzz is feeding off the awfulness that is the ACC this year. Our 3 ACC wins are a combined 4-13 in conference. If Buzz is brought back because he can now actually beat God awful teams consistently, I'm done. Apathy will strike.

To answer the poster's question, I saw one of Odom's teams blow a 20 point lead in Chapel Hill. We actually blew the lead under the standard accepted meaning of the phrase because we had a 20 point lead and ended up losing the game.

To answer the poster's question, I saw one of Odom's teams blow a 20 point lead in Chapel Hill. We actually blew the lead under the standard accepted meaning of the phrase because we had a 20 point lead and ended up losing the game.

Yep, remember that.

Back