• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs #8 UL Game Thread

Buckwild

Reaction score
A must win or can't lose game? We all know the stats, the KP rankings, and everything else in between. T-Minus 13 hours till game time.

GO WAKE!

Let me tell you, a double-fault final-play elimination hasn't occurred since the Helsinki episode of 1919, and I think we all remember how THAT turned out!

Buckwild: Please submit your resume for starting this thread. We can't have someone with bad Juju starting this thread. What say ye board posters? Is Buckwild a suitable starter?

Game tonight has the second highest thrill score on KenPom (some formula he uses to rank games on fan watchability) of games remaining this season period. Only game that tops it is Kansas @ Oklahoma State this weekend.

1) Grew up on campus.
2) Was a ball boy for Wake for 3 seasons, during CP3 era.
3) Went to Skip Prosser Basketball camp 3 times, won 3v3 touney one year. Also won best camper award.
4) Currently live in the real Wake Forest.

That's all I got.

1) Grew up on campus.
3) Went to Skip Prosser Basketball camp 3 times, won 3v3 touney one year. Also won best camper award.

That's all I got.

Great background, but have you started any game threads this year and what was the outcome of those games?

1) Grew up on campus.

That's all I got.

So I take it you are NOT a top 100 lawyer in NC?

This feels like an "up 3-6 at halftime, ultimately lose by 6-8" game, thanks in no small part to UL's press.

I have a clean slate this year in games where I've started the thread, 0-0. And I'm not a top 100 lawyer. Keep em coming, I can take the heat.

Wake wins, 76-72

I say we go with this thread, but also start a sort of "in case of emergency - break glass" secondary thread that we can all move over to in the event that we start slow or get down by double-digits at any point.

Lets do this thing! Go DEACS! WE need this one badly.

Collins for 28-16
Crawford with 22
Woods with a strong and important 15

Time to win. We need to win like DR tonight

1) Grew up on campus.

That's all I got.

200.gif

I approve of this being the official thread.

It'll be interesting to see how the team responds to the pressure of this game. Throwing all of the KenPom discussion in the corner until it is absolutely necessary, they know that in reality their postseason hopes come down to this game. Do they come out and seize it or collapse in typical WFU fashion? This has got to be the biggest test of Manning's motivational/psychological coaching abilities of his career so far.

I love how people "throw out the statistics" when a team needs a game. Yeah, because that happens and teams play completely differently if they think they MUST WIN it.

Fuck it...Wake Wins!

Wake - 88
UL - 85

Wake Forest - 82
Louisville - 74

Biggest game we've played in a long, long time. Hoping the Cardinals run into a buzz saw tonight and the outcome is never in doubt.

Back