• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs. Presbyterian game thread

Codi is really playing well this year.

Yep...announcer suggesting that the reason he didn't play all that well last year was because of all the pressure on him..wonder who put that pressure on him...

I'm happy for the team that they are winning big but this is such Wellman garbage the way they are padding BZZZ's record with these lame wins. This is the approach Clemson used for so many years and then didn't win more than 3-5 more games after the first of the year. Here's to historical competitiveness in the overall W-L record regardless of how we do it!

I'm gonna be so ticked off when Wellman justifies a contract extension for his buddy by referencing "more wins".

So much for that being a fast paced game...

Yeah that was sloppy in the second half. We yanked our starters with something like 11 or 12 minutes left.

Bzz

- thanks to fans being here
- it was a mixed bag, good things and things we need to work on
- Devin workman like
- CMM very good
- 32 points from the bench, Coron gave us a lot
- Miles 5 assists
- Andre, responded with the opportunity to play
- Tree with timely contributions, got the crowd into it
- need to improve on mental defensive mistakes
- never a doubt in my mind, he wanted to please the fans, he was pressing, young man can shoot the ball (Coron)
- with codi driving to hoop, devin rebounding and coron from outside and everyone contributing
- solid win against a well coached team
- great to see Andre get some time and do something with it
- Jax a great tradition, long athletic more like VCU, they are deep, will run zone, a lot of athletes on the floor

I dont think I have ever gotten home from a game and found a four page game thread. Apathy abounds throughout the Joel, now it has spread to the internet!

I did laugh at Andre's 0/3 on alley-oops in three consecutive plays.

It's just impossible to judge what we have here at this point. The facts are we are taking care of the teams we are supposed to beat. Maybe it's not saying much but that didn't happen the last 3 years. We all know Kansas is the first test. Seeing how they play against a top team will give us our first real indication of what this team is going to be.

If it wasn't for Bzz' history here I might be optimistic at this point.

- The biggest concern for this year is where would the points come from. DT and CMM have supplied the offense. Assuming Travis will get his if this continues we might be better on offense than last year.
- Devin is a beast, we knew that last year, and he's come back better this year
- CMM has had three good games, granted against lesser competition but he didn't do that last year
- We seem to be taking care of the ball much better

The questions we have
- Can Coron be our outside shooter
- Obviously, does any of this translate into the ACC
- Who else is going to step up
- Will our defense let us down

Coron has a pure stroke , much like Skip Brown back in the day . Every shot looks good and has perfect rotation . His form is textbook and has a quick release . He is a rhythm shooter who can get hit and hit 5 threes in a row with no problem . The question is- why did buzz not start him against this zone? Why did he take him out the last 5 minutes of the first half when he was hot and leave him on the bench the first 6 minutes of the second half? Duh!

Miles has a nice shot too. He isn't an athlete, which probably why he was a 3 star recruit. He has good instincts , size and floor vision though. He won't be a star, but he is a solid recruit to go with Codi. All teams need a couple of zone busters. Unlike Chase, he can get his shot off. Codi is a scorer but not a shooter. He needs to tuck his elbow and u can't believe he didn't do that this summer with some shot doctor. Heck, Rusty and Randolph could help him. He looks like a streaky shooter from the perimeter. However, he can get in the lane and score and is good in transition with his athletism. Cavenaugh has a nice shot but it won't go down . The rest of the team can't shoot a kick . Travis hasn't improved his shooting in 4 years. Thank goodness we are pretty good on transition and have Devin on the inside . He is a horse . If we could get a center ( Green or Haas if he signs) Devin could be a great power forward . I shouldn't be so hard on Travis- he is a very good player. Everyone knows that . Just wish he could shoot the three better .

Last edited:
Back