• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs Queens

Melo played 1-2 minutes at the very end because Crawford was hurt.

I agree that the bigs (Moore & Sarr) should have played more, regardless of matchup.

But I am firmly in the camp that it was just an exhibition game and doesn't matter much beyond getting some guys (Brown & Sarr) time on the floor in a Wake Forest uniform and having nobody get injured.

I'll worry a lot more based on whatever comes out of this Friday's opener.

Thompson fouled out with 2:16 remaining in the game.

Hard to comment on a game I didn't see. My only concern at this point is Manning's focus on a four guard offense. He tends to be stubborn.

Watched some videos of Duke’s exhibition games. No question Bagley is a beast! We will need to play two bigs to match up with them.

Melo played 1-2 minutes at the very end because Crawford was hurt.

I agree that the bigs (Moore & Sarr) should have played more, regardless of matchup.

But I am firmly in the camp that it was just an exhibition game and doesn't matter much beyond getting some guys (Brown & Sarr) time on the floor in a Wake Forest uniform and having nobody get injured.

I'll worry a lot more based on whatever comes out of this Friday's opener.

I agree with this take wholeheartedly, but also want to point out that in the early part of the season Manning definitely keeps experimenting with lineups that will frustrate a lot of us. He is looking at the long game and will try out some different things at the expense of the "right now". That could be the difference in winning by 5-7 or winning by 15-17.

Primarily I want to see what Moore gives us against a D1 team over the next two weeks. That will tell a lot about how good we can be.

didn't see the Queens game. despite the hype i'm pretty bearish on Moore. he definitely got bigger and stronger but that was never a problem for him. it sounds like he still has conditioning issues and his game would need to make a monster leap skills wise for him to be an average ACC player. I think ultimately to be a decent team we'll need Sarr to become the starting 5 midway through the season. hope Cigs can prove me wrong.

Doral has been too weak and too small his first two years. He also hasn't been in good enough condition to go a lot of minutes at a time. He needed "hockey shifts" to play effectively. All of that has to change for him to be a significant contributor. The preseason stuff made it look like he finally has filled out some, and gotten stronger. Now we'll see if his conditioning is where it needs to be. Some of his fouls were a result of him being tired and reaching rather than moving his feet. Let's hope two years of growing up will have fixed some of that.

I agree with this take wholeheartedly, but also want to point out that in the early part of the season Manning definitely keeps experimenting with lineups that will frustrate a lot of us.

This is very true, and it's going to make for some entertaining reading on these boards.

Did we bench Moore because throwing lobs to him over a 6'6" guy doesn't do anyone any good, or is he still severely limited in effectiveness? The great mystery...

This is very true, and it's going to make for some entertaining reading on these boards.

Did we bench Moore because throwing lobs to him over a 6'6" guy doesn't do anyone any good, or is he still severely limited in effectiveness? The great mystery...

It would have been good to have a few of the Crawford to Moore lobs in actual competition to get the timing down but beyond that, it wouldn't have been really useful for team improvement.

I agree with this take wholeheartedly, but also want to point out that in the early part of the season Manning definitely keeps experimenting with lineups that will frustrate a lot of us. He is looking at the long game and will try out some different things at the expense of the "right now". That could be the difference in winning by 5-7 or winning by 15-17.

Primarily I want to see what Moore gives us against a D1 team over the next two weeks. That will tell a lot about how good we can be.

And I hate this approach. Every time you step on the court the mission should be win the game, pound the competition into the dirt if you can, and then play whoever you want to. Don't fuck around. The players know who the starting five should be.

One other observation-no way Melo is 6’8”. Much shorter than Terrance Thompson. Closer to C Brown in height.

I'm just trying to figure out what combination of 5 ACC basketball players shouldn't be able to beat the crap out of Queens.

Doral can't get up and down the court 5 times without having to come out for 5 minutes at a time. Going to be a problem.

Back