• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs Queens

No. 2, but yeah, Cincy and Duke both throttled the No. 1 and No. 3 teams in D2 this week.

Different teams and different coaches have different mindsets going into exhibition games, so hopefully Coach Manning got out of it what he wanted to.

Duke is ranked #1 and Cincy is ranked #12. We are a work in progress. Probably won't really know what kind of team we will be until January.

Chaundee got lost once that I remember on defense but he looks to already be our best defensive player. He has a smooth stroke too.

Agreed. Also I know it's already been said a ton on here, but geez that dude does not look like a freshman. Oh and did I mention the videoboard is huge? The joel is lit now. Just have to get used to not having the score on the main screen.

Poor shooting night for the Deacs all the way around - 34% from 2 and 29% from 3. Won the game at the FT line where we hit 29/39. Played much of the game with one big and 4 guards. Thought Chaundee looked good and as someone else said he looked pretty good on the defensive end which you don't usually get from a freshman. Sarr looked like a player - was very active and will certainly help us just needs to put on some weight and get stronger.

what was the knife incident with SJM? I totally missed that.

what was the knife incident with SJM? I totally missed that.

Stabbed his professor. It was an accident. He pulled a knife out to open a package and a professor was walking by. He whipped the knife back by accident and sliced her leg. Real fucked up situation.

Stabbed his professor. It was an accident. He pulled a knife out to open a package and a professor was walking by. He whipped the knife back by accident and sliced her leg. Real fucked up situation.

Lol I laughed.

He apparently had a knife at a party that he didn’t get let in to. I’m unaware of the details but it was a story in the local news. I think someone may have gotten cut on accident, nothing severe but still incredibly stupid.

Duke is ranked #1 and Cincy is ranked #12. We are a work in progress. Probably won't really know what kind of team we will be until January.

Also Ferris State is ranked #9 in DII and they lost to #2 DI Michigan State by 8

I see that Queens scored 48 pts in the second half, which seems to continue last season's trend of not being able to stop teams in the second half. At least it was better than the 62 we gave up to VT in the second half of the ACC tourney loss.

Thanks for posting the postgame... Should be required viewing for folks flying off the handle about the closeness of the game.

Sounds like the matchup 100% dictated why Doral & Olivier didn't get more minutes... I'd expect that to change going forward.

I am not crazy about how much Manning adjusts his lineups based on the other team's personnel, but I can understand not wanting to play Doral against a stretch 5.

Thanks for posting the postgame... Should be required viewing for folks flying off the handle about the closeness of the game.

Sounds like the matchup 100% dictated why Doral & Olivier didn't get more minutes... I'd expect that to change going forward.

I am not crazy about how much Manning adjusts his lineups based on the other team's personnel, but I can understand not wanting to play Doral against a stretch 5.

Eh, why recruit traditional big men if you aren't going to pound a pussy wannabe euro stretch 5 down low? We shouldn't be letting a D2 school dictate matchups. Roll out our lineup and let them try to match up with us. If Doral and Sarr can't dominate the post against a D2 team, or we're not confident enough in them to at least let them try, then that is tough to take.

Eh, why recruit traditional big men if you aren't going to pound a pussy wannabe euro stretch 5 down low? We shouldn't be letting a D2 school dictate matchups. Roll out our lineup and let them try to match up with us. If Doral and Sarr can't dominate the post against a D2 team, or we're not confident enough in them to at least let them try, then that is tough to take.

They probably can. Donovan Mitchell, Sarr and Thompson probably got way more minutes because their 5 was more similar to what a normal 4 would be for teams we play that count. Good practice for those three - not good practice for Doral.

Precisely! Bingo bango boingo.

I'm with CharlotteDeac on this. In an exhibition, play the guys who have the most to learn from what the opponent brings. I trust Danny to know what he has in Doral and Sam at this point. i don't think that letting them pound the rim with dunks over guys 6-8 inches shorter gains much. Better to let the guys who haven't played much and haven't been at Wake long get the minutes against somebody who is trying. And the Queens lineup provided a better situation for the guys who will be guarding the 4's in the games that count. Plenty of time for Doral and Sam to abuse other team's 5's if they can do it.

I don't understand why people keep saying that we played guys who haven't played much in order to get them minutes. That just isn't true. The guys that played big minutes are the ones that will play big minutes all year... The guards: Crawford, Woods, Wilbekin, Childress, and Brown. Thompson played a ton of minutes, as well.

The only difference between this game and future games is that I'd expect Doral & Olivier to play a bit more and the guards to all play a minute or two less.

I don't understand why people keep saying that we played guys who haven't played much in order to get them minutes. That just isn't true. The guys that played big minutes are the ones that will play big minutes all year... The guards: Crawford, Woods, Wilbekin, Childress, and Brown. Thompson played a ton of minutes, as well.

The only difference between this game and future games is that I'd expect Doral & Olivier to play a bit more and the guards to all play a minute or two less.

Well that would be even more worrisome had our starting 5 blown the lead in the last 6-8 mins. Think folks are puzzled by the five in the game over the last 3-4 mins, whom I believe were as follows: Chill, Wilby, Chaundee (?), Key & Mitchell? And even Eggleston for a few defensive seconds (he committed two fouls I think). Game planning for Crawford foul trouble??

Doral barely played in the 2nd and not sure if Sarr played at all in 2nd as he only had 9 mins total. But yes, the 4 guards got the bulk of the minutes (92% or 147 of 160 available). Think TT would have played more but had to have been in foul trouble.

Back