• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wakeradioshow@gmail.com

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
The last Jim Grobe show is tonight and I think we should bombard the show's inbox with questions regarding how can the head coach stand behind an OC who's offense has ranked well into the bottom half of FBS teams for several years, how are we as fans supposed to forgive and unforgivable coaching error in running the option offense to start the year, and frankly just what does Grobe do during football games since we never really see him doing anything?

Word of caution, If you chose to send one, I word try to word it as respectively as possible, to maybe increase the chances of it getting aired.

Again: wakeradioshow@gmail.com

Why? They won't be read on air.

This, along with pretty much anything else pertaining to Wake athletics, is a waste of time.

Why? They won't be read on air.

This, along with pretty much anything else pertaining to Wake athletics, is a waste of time.

If you word them right I think they might be. Every question I've e-mailed the show this year had been "answered" on the air and a couple were tough questions I felt. Of course the answer will be the typical coach speak.

You should post your expertly-worded questions here so we can learn from the master, and so we can see whether it not the Minister of Information allows them to be asked on air.

You should post your expertly-worded questions here so we can learn from the master, and so we can see whether it not the Minister of Information allows them to be asked on air.

Haha, I'm no expert, I just meant I wouldn't go off on Grobe or anything like that.

I'm going to try something like: " First, I'm very appreciative for what Coach Grobe has done for our program and how wonderfully he's represented the school and our program. However, I think it's fair to point out that the offense has struggled for years now and has consistently ranked very low among FBS schools in total offense, rushing offense and even passing offense. This is nothing personal against Coach Lobo, but how long should an offensive coordinator be allowed to produce an offense that struggles year after year?"

Stan doesn't usually read them word for word, but he does try to work them in.

Glad to know that you have to blow smoke up Grobe or Wellman's ass in order to get on the show

Glad to know that you have to blow smoke up Grobe or Wellman's ass in order to get on the show

Hey, unfortunately it's how the world works. However, that's an honest statement, I do appreciate what he has done and how he's represented us, but I also feel based on recent performance it's time for him to go or if he wants to stay it's time for Lobo to go.

E-mail is in...

"Dear Ron,
Fuck buzz. Fuck lobo. Fuck you.
Kill Whitey
*drops mic*

Ramrod"

Haha, I'm no expert, I just meant I wouldn't go off on Grobe or anything like that.

I'm going to try something like: " First, I'm very appreciative for what Coach Grobe has done for our program and how wonderfully he's represented the school and our program. However, I think it's fair to point out that the offense has struggled for years now and has consistently ranked very low among FBS schools in total offense, rushing offense and even passing offense. This is nothing personal against Coach Lobo, but how long should an offensive coordinator be allowed to produce an offense that struggles year after year?"

literally no chance this question is read or answered.

This is nothing personal against Coach Lobo, but how long should an offensive coordinator be allowed to produce an offense that struggles year after year?"

Question for Grobe: Regarding Lobo, Should NEPOTISM be allowed in football???

“More and more schools have eliminated the call-in, because callers tend to get on and, rather than asking a question, they preach,” Wellman said. “And this is our show. This is an opportunity to talk about Wake Forest basketball, the direction we’re going. And if the fans want to ask a question, we’ll respond to a question.

“But to use it as a platform for fans to preach to us isn’t the purpose of the show. We’re there to hear Jeff [Redacted] or whatever guests we might have on the show.”

OK. Here goes: "I know your a great coach, but how can even you prevent what looks to be a '2 wins per season' for the next four years?"

A Gmail address. Facepalm Like most everything else surrounding WF Athletics, there's a serious lack of professionalism. Everything is small time (1 steak signs, rumors about lack of recruiting resources, the attitudes of our coaches about winning...). It would take all of 30 minutes and about $60 a year to setup a domain with a business email address through Google Apps.

Last edited:

Sounds good to me. Hope this question gets on the air.

Just sent an email, re-printed below...

I have always admired Coach Grobe. He has impressed me as a man of integrity. That being the case, I have a couple of questions.

1) When your values, such as personal loyalty, are in conflict with your obligation to the organization writing your paycheck, which one takes precedence?

2) If personal loyalty is the top priority, is it OK to take a "doesn't matter got paid" attitude and continue to allow sub-par job performance and lack of success on the field?

Thank you,

“More and more schools have eliminated the call-in, because callers tend to get on and, rather than asking a question, they preach,” Wellman said. “And this is our show. This is an opportunity to talk about Wake Forest basketball, the direction we’re going. And if the fans want to ask a question, we’ll respond to a question.

“But to use it as a platform for fans to preach to us isn’t the purpose of the show. We’re there to hear Jeff [Redacted] or whatever guests we might have on the show.”

In other words, fuck the shareholders!

Back in the old days all you needed to do was shower Stan with radio presents to get on air

Did anybody listen to the show? Did any "real" questions get asked?

Back