• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake's helmets

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel that the WF is a little missized or odd looking?

I've had a few conversations over the years with different deacon fans about how it would be cool for us to go with solid black helmets, or solid black with a single gold stripe down the center.

It'd be pretty cool to have timeless and unique uniforms. does anyone else know if another school has straight black helmets?

I like the helmets we have now. I hope we don't change especially to something that generic.

Wake has one of the best uniforms in college football. Attention grabbing without being clownlike, classy looking without the staidness of a Penn State.

The big WF helps easily identify, which is important for a team that doesn't get on national TV every week.

Change nothing.

Wake has one of the best uniforms in college football. Attention grabbing without being clownlike, classy looking without the staidness of a Penn State.

The big WF helps easily identify, which is important for a team that doesn't get on national TV every week.

Change nothing.

Hard to screw up Black and Gold, and our uniforms are really nice. I agree some of the best in the country.

I believe Missouri has an all matte black. Cinci has an all black helmet that is ugly.

Change nothing.

This. We look badassed without a hint of ridiculous (Mary land).

The recruits are liking the tough yet fast looking uni's.

Change nothing.

Spot on, I love WF's unis.

Love the unis but I wouldn't mind seeing a pro combat version in the years to come on a big night game. I also think a cool gold or white helmet could be introduced once in a blue moon.

Love the unis but I wouldn't mind seeing a pro combat version in the years to come on a big night game. I also think a cool gold or white helmet could be introduced once in a blue moon.

Are you a Maryland grad?

Change nothing.

Your best post.

Change nothing.

Totally agree also.

Change nothing.

Agree

I'm for dropping the Gold Jerseys, and I really don't like the Black Helmets on white Jerseys, on Gold Pants on Black shoes. Drop the gold pants away, and drop the gold jerseys at home. Black on gold, or Black on Black for home

White on Black or White on White for away

i love the jerseys we wore today.

i love our unis and think our all-blacks are the best in college but i hate the white on gold combo we wore today. absolutely hate it.

black on black...great
black on gold....great
gold on black....great
white on black..great
white on white..not great but good

white on gold...gross

I like the gold pants with the white shirts better than white or black. To me black pants look high school and white on white is ok, but if gold pants are good enough for the Steelers, they're good enough for me. Oh well, we all have our preferences.

Does anyone else feel that the WF is a little missized or odd looking?

I've had a few conversations over the years with different deacon fans about how it would be cool for us to go with solid black helmets, or solid black with a single gold stripe down the center.

It'd be pretty cool to have timeless and unique uniforms. does anyone else know if another school has straight black helmets?

Why on Earth would you want us to go without a logo on our helmets like Maryland?

Keep them as they are, or similar to the current uni. We have some of the best uniforms in college sports.

i love our unis and think our all-blacks are the best in college but i hate the white on gold combo we wore today. absolutely hate it.

black on black...great
black on gold....great
gold on black....great
white on black..great
white on white..not great but good

white on gold...gross

Totally agree!

The white on gold combo that we wore today is the same that we wore for the ACC Championship in '06. For that reason alone, it will always be my favorite away uni-that and the fact that it looks the best. Agree that the black pants have a high school look.

I think that the white jerseys and gold pants are our best road uniform. And we wore those to win the 2006 ACC Championship game.

One of the best early moves Grobe made was to change the helmets to the simple gold WF that we have now. Classic.

Back