• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Walker & Tabb Suspended Indefinitely Due to Violation of Departmental Rules

If we lose these guys, no one could win more than 10 games with this team

The legacy of Dino is still being felt.

Wrong.

You can't blame Dino because [Redacted] couldn't get these players in order. Not that you can really blame [Redacted] either.

You can blame him for doing a poor job in recruiting big men though.

As a side note, send them home. It will hurt. Not because they are good basketball players, they aren't, but because we were already short at PF and C and now we'll be two players shorter. Get ready for Nikita to play 30 minutes a game. We'll win 2 ACC games. BC at home and GT at home and will have a similar OOC record to last year except we will almost certainly lose in the Big 10 Challenger (Nebraska will be a tourney team).

Last edited:
6653296.jpeg

Precisely!

Perhaps it was something really bad! Perhaps they will be arrested.

But then perhaps they were shooting fireworks...stupid, but not quite in the same category as stealing or some such. It might be wise to know before we dismiss them from the team. Thankfully that decision isn't made here.

My anger toward these two is at the mere fact that after so much trouble/knotheadedness, they would be so colossally ignorant as to do something that could in any way get them in trouble....even shooting off fireworks.

When you've been given 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances, the whole "it wasn't a big deal, but was still against the rules" no longer counts.

The fact that they did ANYTHING that could have had the AD even CONSIDERING suspending them proves that they don't give a shit about the chances they've been given or the free education and ability to earn a living based on their athletic abilities....they have taken everything that Wake Forest, Gaudio, [Redacted], and Wellman have given them for granted and they don't deserve to continue to rub their piss poor attitudes in our faces anymore.

You are forgetting the 1-2 punch that we lost. We lost the next incarnation of Tim Duncan (Woods) and CP3 (Chennault). Of course with those guys out, we couldn't be expected to keep any or all games within 20 or so points! Remember, not even Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, Coach K, Bob Knight, Aldolph Rupp, Phog Allen and that dude that cheated his way to the 1972 gold medal for the Soviets could have won more than 5 games without those two!!!!

Even Ray Charles cousld see that ew wuld lose morre than anhnoyone adn if you diss gre3e, you are more of a virgin than Heidddi Fleiss or willing to by oceanfrnnt propery in Arinzon!!!

It was not done vy the athletic department. These did something boneheaded regarding school or campus rules.

The only way ANMYONE would know about what happend would be AFTER they did it.

I love these boards so much sometimes. This was just simply gold.

My anger toward these two is at the mere fact that after so much trouble/knotheadedness, they would be so colossally ignorant as to do something that could in any way get them in trouble....even shooting off fireworks.

When you've been given 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances, the whole "it wasn't a big deal, but was still against the rules" no longer counts.

The fact that they did ANYTHING that could have had the AD even CONSIDERING suspending them proves that they don't give a shit about the chances they've been given or the free education and ability to earn a living based on their athletic abilities....they have taken everything that Wake Forest, Gaudio, [Redacted], and Wellman have given them for granted and they don't deserve to continue to rub their piss poor attitudes in our faces anymore.

I understand. Perhaps you are right.

I understand. Perhaps you are right.

All that said, it's going to be a disgrace and embarrassment IF this is something as meaningless as shooting off fireworks and IF they get booted off the team for good, to have to explain that it got to the point where the last straw was an offense like that.

According to the Buzz-inners he is very good. It happened when he wasn't available to Buzz last season.

Lol, you went in an interesting direction with this. I figured the more natural response would be, "Texas thinks he's good."

He was never that good. But he was a piece that we needed last year.

Not that sense ever mattered to Newsome, tho. Go start a board, yo.

Woods was developing nicely under Dino's direction, and every indication was he worked hard and did what he was told so he likely have been improved under [Redacted]'s watch as well. We would have been much better last year with him.

TBR;[B said:
201492]Woods was developing nicely under Dino's direction[/B], and every indication was he worked hard and did what he was told so he likely have been improved under [Redacted]'s watch as well. We would have been much better last year with him.

Richard Branson doesn't get pot this good.

Obviously we don't know the whole story, but if they broke the rules; they are not only stupid but selfish as well. I say that because of their position on the team as two players at the positions where we are the thinnest. Way to let your teammates down guys.:mad:

Has Bzzz suspended more players in less than 2 years, than Gaudio, Prosser, and Odom did combined during their respective coaching tenures? Is this the new "culture"?

hell, i've been saying this for a while.

Go with this...if we can't win the game we'll just beat the hell out our opponent !!! One thing is for sure... with football players as a front line we won't give up as many layups as last year...

They've given up. Or Bzz is sending a message and hoping they shape up. Either way it really doesn't matter. We're going to suck something fierce for a couple years. And with luck we'll improve after that. Tabb has some serious motivational issues and Walker just sucks. If they came close to 75% of their potential we'd be okay in the post. I think they are about 10%.

Back