• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Want to Know Your Rep Stats? Ask your friendly Mods!

Men don't put up with unnecessary drama and bullshit.

Yeah, they do. They have to. It's called life. Men find a way to deal with the drama and bullshit and move on. They don't just get up and walk away every time someone starts being dramatic.

Simple solution folks: Put rjkarl on ignore. Let rjkarl, bkf, numbers, and rj's other fans do their thing. Put rjkarl on ignore and exercise some self-control.

I speak from experience. Several years ago, rjkarl and I used to bog down the board with ridiculous battles over who knows what. Finally one day, I put him on ignore. Eventually he realized and put me on ignore as well. That problem solved. I realize that he is clearly the problem because it's always "rj vs.". That doesn't matter. Unless the mods man up, he's not going away. So if you have a problem with rjkarl, put him on ignore and don't worry about him.

I don't get all the hate. I love everybody. Quirky personalities and all. It pains to me see RJ and PHDeac (2 men I like and respect) putting each other on ignore.

Men don't put up with unnecessary drama and bullshit.

Are you telling me you don't put up with some unnecessary drama and bullshit from your students? And you sit there and take it and deal with it because you're a fucking professional man? Or do you just say "Nope, not putting up with this" and kick them out of your office?

Yeah, they do. They have to. It's called life. Men find a way to deal with the drama and bullshit and move on. They don't just get up and walk away every time someone starts being dramatic.

Srsly, or every man on earth would be divorced.

BBD it sounds like you've been reading too much Cosmo.

I must say, as an outside observer with absolutely no dog in this fight whatsoever, this ongoing saga has been something to behold.

Can anyone give a brief rundown what has happened. I seem to run into references about this on various threads, but where does this issue stem from?

LOL. And you say that I am insufferable. The problem with some of you young mods is that you aren't mature enough to understand or appreciate the responsibility that goes along with the power you are able to wield.

Power on the internet does not exist unless you let it.

Are you telling me you don't put up with some unnecessary drama and bullshit from your students? And you sit there and take it and deal with it because you're a fucking professional man? Or do you just say "Nope, not putting up with this" and kick them out of your office?

You're equating a message board to my career. Huge mistake.

I don't get much drama and bullshit from my students. The main reason is because I lay out the expectations clearly and early and continue to reinforce them throughout the course.

LOL. And you say that I am insufferable. The problem with some of you young mods is that you aren't mature enough to understand or appreciate the responsibility that goes along with the power you are able to wield. So you wield that power indiscriminately....rationalizing any decision you make with a simple "it's not that big of a deal (DV7)", or "we need to do something (RJ)"...relying not upon any kind of consistent system, but your own personal prejudices. It's actually rather comical, in a way, because you don't seem to yet be able to even comprehend the uneven manner in which you are conducting "board policy"....which is really an empty term, because there really isn't a board policy. You seem to just be making it up on the fly as you bounce along from one crisis situation to another.

ETA: As far as posters' rep, avatars, etc is concerned, the mods remind me of teenagers with a key to their parents' liquor cabinet. They delight in being able to sneak into it when nobody is around.

10928_560427110720_662257054_n.jpg

Back