• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Watch Spring Game Live-ACC Network

Along with the stat above, Alabama was the only team that didn't allow a kickoff return over 30 yards.

We also had the fewest plays from scrimmage for 10+ yards last year. We were 37th in 2011, but tied for next to last in 2010.

One of the most embarassing things I have ever seen from a Wake team, was at last years FSU game when we had two players on the field with the same number. A close second was Tanner calling a TO with 3 seconds left in the 3rd Qtr vs Maryland. Take a look at the Alabama spring game, and watch the Nicktator coach everything. That's because everything is important to him. Some of the blame can be put on the players, but if excellence isn't expected from them, they'll never achieve it because they never have to. Grobe doesn't realize that if the ship sinks, its the Captains fault.

It isn't at Wake.

“I feel good about the O-line right now,” Grobe said. “The thing about our offensive line right now is they’re good guys, they work hard
ambdoo.gif

Reactions: Ayo
^Haha, greatest gif ever. It's applicable to so many aspects of Wake Forest sports.

Along with the stat above, Alabama was the only team that didn't allow a kickoff return over 30 yards.

We also had the fewest plays from scrimmage for 10+ yards last year. We were 37th in 2011, but tied for next to last in 2010.

What boggles my mind is does Grobe or Wellman have any inkling that something is even amiss with our fball team. For all the interns they have screening their mail I doubt there are many left over to crunch stats and bring to anyone's attention our historical ineptitude.

He really said this? So he's confident in the O-Line because they're good guys who work hard? Holy LOWF.

All that matters is having good character guys. As long as none of them commit felonies he gets to keep his job regardless of the results. So says Premier Ron.

One of the most embarassing things I have ever seen from a Wake team, was at last years FSU game when we had two players on the field with the same number. A close second was Tanner calling a TO with 3 seconds left in the 3rd Qtr vs Maryland. Take a look at the Alabama spring game, and watch the Nicktator coach everything. That's because everything is important to him. Some of the blame can be put on the players, but if excellence isn't expected from them, they'll never achieve it because they never have to. Grobe doesn't realize that if the ship sinks, its the Captains fault.

Tanner pitching the ball out of bounds to nobody behind the 1st down marker when he could have fallen forward for a 1st down against NCSU?

I have blocked so much of last season out of my mind.

I was thinking about this again while following the draft this weekend.

I'm guessing NFL scouts are taking a break after the draft, but they'll be back reviewing film soon enough to evaluate next year's draft class. In the old days, they'd be looking at 4 month old film at the earliest this time of the year. Now with these Spring Games on TV/online, they can look at more recent film and get a sense of how they performed in the Spring. I doubt any scouts are going to waste their time looking at the YouTube of our Spring Game.

Back