• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Watching Iowa on ESPN

As Dave Odom so famously said" It is easier to recruit when you have the name of a state on your jersey"

Don't be so sure Maztal, large state u can accept pretty much anybody and probably does not have the High School language requirement that we do.

Don't be so sure Maztal, large state u can accept pretty much anybody and probably does not have the High School language requirement that we do.

Blah blah. Basketball is different than football. Lol at the idea Iowa is easier to recruit to than Wake.

You cannot be serious right now. I never thought I would see someone try to argue that Iowa is an easier sell to basketball recruits than Wake Forest on a Wake Forest message board.

and as Racer pointed out, Dave Odom proved himself wrong when he failed miserably at South Carolina. Wake Forest is a much, much better job than South Carolina and is clearly a better job than Iowa.

Didn't he win the nit twice there, which was better than they had before him?

I am quite serious, you obviously have some inflated sense of self worth, and I am glad to see racer backing me up so well, ha, ha.

I am quite serious, you obviously have some inflated sense of self worth, and I am glad to see racer backing me up so well, ha, ha.

:wtf:

Wake Forest is a better job than Iowa. Iowa has only made the NCAA Tournament twice this century. As poor of a recruiter [Redacted] has been, his classes have been higher ranked than Iowa's classes during that time span.

don't tell Gonzaga, Marquette, Duke, Villanova, Notre Dame, Xavier, Pittsburgh, Memphis, Georgetown, etc. that they can't recruit at a high level because they aren't a university that contains a state in their name.

This is seriously just a ridiculous argument that has been proven wrong countless times. If anyone tries to argue that schools like South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Penn State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado, etc. are better coaching jobs (and an easier sell to recruits than Wake Forest) than Wake, then they're just wrong.

Its not that I'm giving the Wake job too much credit, its the fact that you're not giving it any credit at all.

Last edited:
Wake Forest is a better job than Iowa. Iowa has only made the NCAA Tournament twice this century. As poor of a recruiter [Redacted] has been, his classes have been higher ranked than Iowa's classes during that time span.

That should just about wrap this discussion up.

Back