• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Way too early look to the 2020 NFL Draft

John Calipari said to one of his players, "If you want to do what's best for your family, you should turn pro. If you want to do what is best for my family, you'll stay at Kentucky" I wish him well with what ever he chooses. Dale Brown told Shaq to leave LSU when everybody came up with idea of " hack-a-shaq". Leaving a year before they figure him out is not a bad idea.

Newman strikes me as the type of prospect to blow up once he's on everyone's radar. He has great field vision, ability to read defenses, and a heck of an arm in addition to the ability to tuck the ball and run. May be one of the most underrated guys that's draft eligible.

That was an awesome article. I’ll enjoy this year no matter what but if Jamie and Sage come back next year our offense will just be stupid good.

We can only hope there's some Trubinsky backlash and scouts tell him to come back because the NFL isn't drafting ACC QBs with one good year.

IMO, Jamie would benefit greatly from coming back another year. He has started less than 10 games in his college career. Another year would benefit him greatly, as long as we aren't expecting a significant drop in OL production.

He's started 11 -- 4 last year, 7 this year. Your point remains.

Newman's stats in 11 starts

Passing - 243/373 (65.1%), 3067 yards, 29 TD, 8 int
Rushing - 150 car, 482 yards (3.2 ypc), 8 TD

His numbers are very similar to Wolford's last year in 12 games (regular season minus Clemson plus A&M), 3192 yards, 29 TDs, both Wake all-time records.

If Newman stays healthy, he should break the Wake season records for completions (264, Skinner 2009), passing yards, passing TDs, and maybe passer rating (158.8 Wolford 2017).

Last edited:
Back