• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We do not have P5 level linebackers

Board Member

Reaction score
Hard workers. Solid guys. Honorable young men. But we will not get to next level unless we recruit or develop P5 level players at each position group.

Monroe and Burley will be once they get some experience. Strnad has also shown some flashes

Come to think of it, we’re in very good shape in almost every area moving forward. Most our guys are young who play now and those who aren’t have very talented players waiting in the wings.

I still think this team has the ability to get at least 2 of the next 3. Not throwing it in by any means but we should be very very good here in a couple years.

We definitely need an upgrade in athleticism at the LB position. J Williams has become the invisible man this season.

My biggest worry is depth at DT and maybe CB. In Claw I Trust.

3/4 DLine and DB positions have R-frosh in 2 deep. Plus some dang good ones redshirting

My concern isn't quality, but numbers. We took two 5th year guys from other schools to fill out the '17 roster. Neither are contributing, which allows the younger guys to play. But we have one DT coming in and one going out. Then two seniors next year. We need another Big body DT for depth and to be ready to step in for '19.

This year, I do agree with the OP. We've had some very good LBs in recent years though, and I'm confident some of the young guys will step up next year. It's impossible not to pull for Dawson and Jaboree, but they are indeed liabilities against good teams. It also hurts them that we don't have the type of monster DTs that can eat up 2 OL.

3/4 DLine and DB positions have R-frosh in 2 deep. Plus some dang good ones redshirting

My concern isn't quality, but numbers. We took two 5th year guys from other schools to fill out the '17 roster. Neither are contributing, which allows the younger guys to play. But we have one DT coming in and one going out. Then two seniors next year. We need another Big body DT for depth and to be ready to step in for '19.

How do you post the exact same thing 33 minutes apart? Impressive.

We have RS senior Zeek Rodney next year to anchor the DL. Yes please

Dawson is just a little too slow to make all the plays he needs from the middle. Good player but elite speed leaves him whiffing at shoe laces.

We absolutely need our best players back but only one of the four missing starters is done for the year. Keep the faith treatment and rehab gets them back to speed. Go Deacs!

Sure, but the week-to-week or "hope to have them back in a couple of weeks" timeline from Clawson's press conference regarding Bates and Carney didn't make me feel optimistic that either would be available this Saturday. Hope to get good news tomorrow but not really expecting any.

Back