• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We just got called out on SportsCenter

I think the stat was actually that the Wisconsin running back had more yards in the second and third quarters yesterday then wake has had all season. Even worse. Yikes.

I'd have that playing on a continuous basis during the O-lines winter workouts.

I think the stat was actually that the Wisconsin running back had more yards in the second and third quarters yesterday then wake has had all season. Even worse. Yikes.

It took him two entire quarters?

The O-line are not the ones who called the same failed delay/read running play for the 101st time yesterday, knowing that it didn't work the first 100 times.

The O-line are not the ones who called the same failed delay/read running play for the 101st time yesterday, knowing that it didn't work the first 100 times.

That is true. They are the ones, however, who are incapable of blocking for any traditional running play, meaning that the only way that we have any prayer of running the ball is to allow the defensive lineman to come up field and hopefully over pursue.

Our QB has a nice motion throwing, but he is terrible at making handoffs. He's stiff and basically stops all momentum of our RBs when he gives them the ball. This is the #1 thing he needs to work on in the off-season.

The delay really only works if they're afraid we're going to throw. I think we all know there's no fear of that from anyone.

Is there any reason why college calculates these stats differently in regards to QB sacks coming off rushing yards instead of being subtracted from the teams passing yardage? I am sure it has been discussed here before but I don't recall seeing it. Wolford has the most 'carries' on the team, and without his negative 290 yards (few were actually running plays) then this wouldn't be the case. Don't get me wrong it is horrible either way, I was just wondering why the stats wouldn't be calculated the same.

Is there any reason why college calculates these stats differently in regards to QB sacks coming off rushing yards instead of being subtracted from the teams passing yardage? I am sure it has been discussed here before but I don't recall seeing it. Wolford has the most 'carries' on the team, and without his negative 290 yards (few were actually running plays) then this wouldn't be the case. Don't get me wrong it is horrible either way, I was just wondering why the stats wouldn't be calculated the same.

Differently than what? The same as what? What are you comparing with?

To me a sack is a failure in the passing game, not the running game, so it should count statistically against passing success.
But it's not something I'm militant about.

That is true. They are the ones, however, who are incapable of blocking for any traditional running play, meaning that the only way that we have any prayer of running the ball is to allow the defensive lineman to come up field and hopefully over pursue.

We have had a few (3 or 4) successful running plays with the QB under center in the last 2 games. The delay/read is pathetically slow in developing.

Our QB has a nice motion throwing, but he is terrible at making handoffs. He's stiff and basically stops all momentum of our RBs when he gives them the ball. This is the #1 thing he needs to work on in the off-season.

Yep. He isn't comfortable at all running the read option either.

Back