• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We just got called out on SportsCenter

What are odds of Kendall Hinton (commit out of Southern Durham) taking over as QB next year? He is much more of a duel threat - 2590 yds passing, 760 yds rushing this year. The media that covers NC high school cannot rave enough about the kid - one called him the most dynamic player in the state, "just knows how to win" and "would never bet against him." It does not matter if the offensive line does not show vast improvement, but this kids adds another dimension that Wolford does not bring.........and I am a Wolford fan.

By the way, Southern Durham won 3AA Championship last year, are undefeated and favored to win it all again this year.

Honestly, unless he just comes in and is head and shoulders our best option at QB, I wouldn't mind him redshirting and then competing with Wolford or whoever the next year. I just don't know if I'm crazy about throwing another true freshman out there at QB, he'd be the 3rd in a row going back to Price's freshman year.

Our 34.1 yds/game is the 2nd worst in the last 10 years. Only Washington State (29.1 in 2012) was worse, but they also averaged 330 yds/gm passing.

The amazing thing is when I saw the 34.1 yds/game it actually surprised me we were averaging that many yards since it seems we've had about a zillion games where we've barely broken zero.

Honestly, unless he just comes in and is head and shoulders our best option at QB, I wouldn't mind him redshirting and then competing with Wolford or whoever the next year. I just don't know if I'm crazy about throwing another true freshman out there at QB, he'd be the 3rd in a row going back to Price's freshman year.

Who else is there? Everybody else has moved on.

The amazing thing is when I saw the 34.1 yds/game it actually surprised me we were averaging that many yards since it seems we've had about a zillion games where we've barely broken zero.

96 yards rushing vs. Gardner-Webb helped.

(We couldn't even get 100 yards rushing vs. Gardner-Webb?)

Who else is there? Everybody else has moved on.

Don't know, that's why I said whoever. Seriously with our lack of numbers at QB, it may not even be a real possibility for him to redshirt next year anyway. Wouldn't surprise me a bit is Sousa doesn't leave after the season, so that would leave Wolford, Hinton and ??????

Stats like this make me nervous about the Clawson offense. Our talent is poor, but damn we are talking historically bad. I can't fathom how bad our offense sucks at football. Does this make the players at the bottom of our offensive depth chart literally the worst players in major college football? That sucks.

I don't think it is quite that simple. We have a quarterback who is not ready to play (which is not to say he can't be good, just he has been thrown into the fire too early). We have a severe lack of playmakers on offense and a woeful O-line. Had Coach Grobe still been here, the staff would have tried and tried various schemes and gimmicks to end up with a passable offense*. Coach Clawson, on the other hand, is willing to tank a season (really, just taking us from a potential 3-4 win team to a 2-win team) to try and a) figure out who can play the way he wants to play and b) teach the kids the system he wants to run.

I have heard threw a fairly reputable source that Coach Clawson realized that Wolford was not ready and the O-line sucked and has just tried to minimize the offense as much as possible to prevent even bigger fuckups.

*Understand that what constitutes as a "passable" offense for Coach Grobe is still really fucking shitty.

Stats like this make me nervous about the Clawson offense. Our talent is poor, but damn we are talking historically bad. I can't fathom how bad our offense sucks at football. Does this make the players at the bottom of our offensive depth chart literally the worst players in major college football? That sucks.

#winthetailgatedoe

It will be interesting to see if we've made any progress at all in the spring game.

Back