• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We need a [name redacted] for Danny

I don't have any ill will towards Manning. Dude wasn't a jerk, didn't insult the fan base, didn't fail as a result of lack of effort, hasn't left us with any NCAA violations, just wasn't able to get it done.

Agreed. He's not the one who dismantled the program, and the crazy thing is he's leaving it in a better place than he found it (assuming Currie/Wellman make a move before everyone transfers again).

[Dopey]
[Clueless]
[Discombobu-lated]
[In a Fog]
[Without a Clue]
[Mucked Up]

Last edited:
+1 for [paint touches]. And before we canonize manning he was a complete disaster at embracing the students, fan base and apparently the players in no particular order and really didn’t seem to give one shit about what happened in his 5 years here. At least redacted cared enough to yell “fuck you” at people - i’m not convinced the Manniquin is actually even alive.

Manning to me is just like [Redacted]. Milquetoast excuses with vague unbelievable Promises of future success. No acceptance of accountability or admittance that the past performance has been completely unacceptable.

Paint touches, stacked practices. Any of his stupid routine sayings.

+1 for [paint touches]. And before we canonize manning he was a complete disaster at embracing the students, fan base and apparently the players in no particular order and really didn’t seem to give one shit about what happened in his 5 years here. At least redacted cared enough to yell “fuck you” at people - i’m not convinced the Manniquin is actually even alive.

Agree, I used to appreciate his representation of Wake but his press conferences finally convinced me otherwise.

To me [paint touches] encapsulates the absurd fact that we hired one of the most well-known college big men of all time and an NBA success story, and just went further backwards. I’d be fine with [empty suit] as well. And [stacked practices] sounds like [redacted] which makes for a nice bookend to hopefully the worst chapter in our history.

Manning to me is just like [Redacted]. Milquetoast excuses with vague unbelievable Promises of future success. No acceptance of accountability or admittance that the past performance has been completely unacceptable.

Agree, I used to appreciate his representation of Wake but his press conferences finally convinced me otherwise.

To me [paint touches] encapsulates the absurd fact that we hired one of the most well-known college big men of all time and an NBA success story, and just went further backwards. I’d be fine with [empty suit] as well. And [stacked practices] sounds like [redacted] which makes for a nice bookend to hopefully the worst chapter in our history.

Just for more context:

[name redacted]:

KP: 259; AdjEM: -8.64; SRS: -4.43
KP: 211; AdjEM: -3.85; SRS: -0.75
KP: 137; AdjEM: 2.88; SRS: 3.41
KP: 117; AdjEM: 4.99; SRS: 5.49

[name redacted] Average: KP: 181; AdjEM: -1.16; SRS: 0.93

Manning:

KP: 120; AdjEM: 4.76; SRS: 4.62
KP: 118; AdjEM: 4.78; SRS: 5.53
KP: 36; AdjEM: 16.25; SRS: 14.19
KP: 89; AdjEM: 7.94; SRS: 7.76
KP: 164; AdjEM: -0.16; SRS: 2.13

Manning average: KP: 105.4; AdjEM: 6.71; SRS: 6.85

For reference, the 9-year pre-[name redacted] average for Wake for KP and AdjEM was 45.7 and 15.95 respectively. The 20 year pre-[name redacted] average (the Wake Forest golden age starting with Odom’s second team) for SRS was 14.61.

So compared to the baseline standards for Wake Basketball, [name redacted] was almost twice as bad as Manning, who was one of the worst coaches in ACC history.

Back