• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We Should Beat Army...

deacsrus

Reaction score
...right? We have no OL, but I think we have a pretty good or at least a representable D. I mean Wake is at 123/125 for offense, but Army is only ranked 104/125. On D, we are ranked at an impressive 17/125(I know the competition was not the strongest) and Army is a putrid 109/125. C'mon, this game shouldn't be that close or am I drinking too much koolaid?

Army is a 2 point favorite at some places.

...right? We have no OL, but I think we have a pretty good or at least a representable D. I mean Wake is at 123/125 for offense, but Army is only ranked 104/125. On D, we are ranked at an impressive 17/125(I know the competition was not the strongest) and Army is a putrid 109/125. C'mon, this game shouldn't be that close or am I drinking too much koolaid?

You're drunk on Kool-Aid, I'd be surprised if this game is anything but close. One, our offense is incapable of blowing anybody out, and two, Army plays a ball control run the clock game which lends itself to close games especially when they are playing teams closer to their level.

Grobe did reasonably well against Army and Navy because he coached at Air Force and knew how to stop an option attack. Even when WF lost to Navy, WF typically held the option down. We shall see if Clawson's staff is as familiar with coaching against that style of O. This year, Army scored 40+ on Buffalo and 0 against Stanford; so they can be stopped, but they have the talent to go-off if the opposing defense is not prepared.

Close game. Our last and best chance for a W.

Sucks that we're staring down the barrel of an o'fer 2014 ACC schedule.:mad:

Whether we are talented enough to beat Army is debatable; but there is no question that we are not as disciplined. We will be embarrassed.

Grobe did reasonably well against Army and Navy because he coached at Air Force and knew how to stop an option attack. Even when WF lost to Navy, WF typically held the option down. We shall see if Clawson's staff is as familiar with coaching against that style of O. This year, Army scored 40+ on Buffalo and 0 against Stanford; so they can be stopped, but they have the talent to go-off if the opposing defense is not prepared.

That is what is interesting to me is how our defense post Nikita and the 4-2-5 scheme will do against the Army offense. Nikita was a beast against the option attack.

Nikita had 14 tackles against Army last year and was named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week.

Nikita had 14 tackles against Army last year and was named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week.

Nikita's athleticism and short stature helped him defeat the low blocks by Army's OL, Harris and Banks are much taller at DT and not as mobile as Nikita. I wonder if a guy like Lewinson might see more PT against army.

We'll see if hiring Assistant HC Kevin Higgins was a good move.

Everybody has said the same thing about the Wake-Army game for years. It's the same thing each time: OMGZZZZ WE COULD LOSE TO ARMY THEY HAVE THE DISCIPLINE AND MATURITY OF YOUNG MEN SERVING OUR COUNTRY AND WILL DOMINATE OUR GUYS WHO SLACK OFF. Wake hasn't lost to Army since 1989 (eight matchups ago) and has won six of the last seven by double digits.

I don't know if we'll win or not but this shit happens every year.

Yeah, I remember you calling an easy win last year numbers. Hope history repeats -- though they have a better coach now and we lost a lot obvs

Last edited:
Back