• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We Should Beat Army...

Our defense this season has been a lot of fun to watch, albeit against below average competition. Guys like Banks, Lee, Chubb, and Janvion have out performed my expectations so far. It's tough to stomach our offense, but even that side of the ball seems to be improving. Wolford and the Deacs will be alright... May not win but 1-3 games this season but the future looks brighter than it has in a long time.

Our defense this season has been a lot of fun to watch, albeit against below average competition. Guys like Banks, Lee, Chubb, and Janvion have out performed my expectations so far. It's tough to stomach our offense, but even that side of the ball seems to be improving. Wolford and the Deacs will be alright... May not win but 1-3 games this season but the future looks brighter than it has in a long time.

I like our defense. I expect them to get exposed a little bit against some of the teams we've got left, but I like our defense and our scheme. The d-line post Nikita has been better than expected and Chubb is a beast, I think he definitely has a future in the NFL.

Well I think people care because that's the purpose of playing football: to win games. Even if we are rebuilding and in the process of improving I think people still want to see us win.

idk tanking for the first pick seems legit ohwait

I understand us all clinging to hope but frankly beating Army seems unlikely. I'm guessing it'll be close for maybe 3 quarters but then our D will begin to wilt chasing that dang wishbone all over the place.

Obviously hope I'm very, very wrong but....24-16 Army.

We will beat Army. 27-17. Players know this is our best remaining shot at a win, and that it would change the narrative of the season so far. D will probably score again.

We will beat Army. 27-17. Players know this is our best remaining shot at a win, and that it would change the narrative of the season so far. D will probably score again.

I pray you're right DD but unless we miraculously move the ball, eat clock and give our D some relief, that Army running game will eventually just methodically wear down our D. AFAIK, unlike last year, Army's starting RB's and QB are healthy AND if Stanford could only grind out 35 points on them AT Palo Alto how are we gonna get 27 points ?

Any idea what the line bet is on the game ?

I think Army is going to have problems moving the ball on us. Our defense will be the best unit on the field by far.

Army's defense is not good.

I think wake wins 23-13 or something similar. We are worse this year than last year and army is about the same. Game is a toss up from most statistical vantage points. I would take the under 47 though for sure

I pray you're right DD but unless we miraculously move the ball, eat clock and give our D some relief, that Army running game will eventually just methodically wear down our D. AFAIK, unlike last year, Army's starting RB's and QB are healthy AND if Stanford could only grind out 35 points on them AT Palo Alto how are we gonna get 27 points ?

Any idea what the line bet is on the game ?
By the same token they scored 0 against Stanford so surely we can hold them to under 20. That should be enough.

It's the only DL that Wolford can see over. Army should hold Kinal to under 5 punts. Our passing game will open our running game. Wake 21-Cadets 10.

He need to average just over 6 per game to become the All Time leader in career punts. This game will hurt his avg. but there's always F$U and Clemson.

He need to average just over 6 per game to become the All Time leader in career punts. This game will hurt his avg. but there's always F$U and Clemson.

My concern against FSU and Clemson is turnovers. Our offense has to hold onto the ball long enough to give Kinal a chance.

It's the only DL that Wolford can see over. Army should hold Kinal to under 5 punts. Our passing game will open our running game. Wake 21-Cadets 10.

The Kinal line was funny, and the Wolford bit way too true, but it would take an armored division to open up our running game. This game will look like two retarded kids duking it out over last place at field day.

I was wrong about being embarrassed and I was wrong about Army being more disciplined.

And, I am happy to be wrong about both things.

I am particularly happy that our staff made substantial adjustments at half...which apparently included getting in the officials' ears.

Back