• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We Should Not Have Lost This Game

We lost because of our OL coach who also called a shitty game as OC. Never really adjusted to what MSS was doing and continued to call the same dumbass plays he has all year. Too many sweeps and options and attempts at 30 yd + throws when his OL could not protect the QB. Throwing the ball three yds when you need 10. Refusing to throw quick outs and slants to take the pressure off Tanner. Did not help that Tanner was off, but Lobo did nothing to help get him on track. Lobo has cost us at least 2 or 3 games this year. He is the difference between a winning season and 6-7 season. He was lucky on 2006 and we will pay forever

Please replace Lobo this offseason...he is costing us wins and the school a lot of money because of those wins we are losing.

We lost because of our OL coach who also called a shitty game as OC. Never really adjusted to what MSS was doing and continued to call the same dumbass plays he has all year. Too many sweeps and options and attempts at 30 yd + throws when his OL could not protect the QB. Throwing the ball three yds when you need 10. Refusing to throw quick outs and slants to take the pressure off Tanner. Did not help that Tanner was off, but Lobo did nothing to help get him on track. Lobo has cost us at least 2 or 3 games this year. He is the difference between a winning season and 6-7 season. He was lucky on 2006 and we will pay forever

He'll be here until he takes another job or Grobe retires.

Not racist. Creepy 1930s ventriloquist poster.

And that's not a creepy ventriloquist poster. This is:
110.jpg

Plenty more here:
http://www.retronaut.co/2011/06/vintage-ventriloquist-dummies/

d the

A lot of what Lobo did tonight was dictated by the opposing team having more physical players. We could not consistently pass protect and Tanner was throwing the ball poorly. Is he injured?

Defense was doing it with mirrors. When we guessed wrong, they burned us with long runs.

Lobo tried to open up the game, but they were ready for reverses, bubble screens and the short crossing routes. They dared us to throw it deep and won that battle.

We looked scared late in the first half.

A lot of what Lobo did tonight was dictated by the opposing team having more physical players. We could not consistently pass protect and Tanner was throwing the ball poorly. Is he injured?

Defense was doing it with mirrors. When we guessed wrong, they burned us with long runs.

Lobo tried to open up the game, but they were ready for reverses, bubble screens and the short crossing routes. They dared us to throw it deep and won that battle.

We looked scared late in the first half.

QFT. Each and every long play was Quarles out of position or overpursuit. The blitzes were a calculated risk, and they really worked. Tanner played terrible before the ball was even snapped tonight. He misread the defenses a lot. Camp had some excellent matchups with LBs or safeties 15 yards off and we missed him.

Lobo's failures are not as an OC as much as they are as an OL coach, IMO

Haven't read the thread but we lost this l, msu didn't win it. Good job defense except two plays. Tanner, bad game but shake it off. Fire lobo.

Quarles being out of position twice cost us 143 yards and 2 touchdowns. Simply unacceptable in a bowl game. That is opening weekend sort of stuff.

Haven't read the thread but we lost this l, msu didn't win it. Good job defense except two plays. Tanner, bad game but shake it off. Fire lobo.

Not to start shit, but is Wake Forest really so much better than us that you guys just lost because you gave us the game? We gave up 4 turn overs and still won in spite of that. How was it your game to lose in that case?

Not to start shit, but is Wake Forest really so much better than us that you guys just lost because you gave us the game? We gave up 4 turn overs and still won in spite of that. How was it your game to lose in that case?

Question asked and answered. You gave us the ball four times and we didn't take advantage. We did give you that game.

Question asked and answered. You gave us the ball four times and we didn't take advantage. We did give you that game.

I don't think you understand what "giving" the game away means. We literally handed you guys the turnovers and prevented you from capitalizing on them. If You gave us the game, then you would have committed more costly mistakes than we did.

Please don't take this as me saying your team sucks. I know both teams could play better than what they showed tonight, and regardless I think both fanbases should be at least proud that both teams at least kept it competitive. As far as that statement is concerned... that is absolutely absurd.

I don't think you understand what "giving" the game away means. We literally handed you guys the turnovers and prevented you from capitalizing on them. If You gave us the game, then you would have committed more costly mistakes than we did.

Please don't take this as me saying your team sucks. I know both teams could play better than what they showed tonight, and regardless I think both fanbases should be at least proud that both teams at least kept it competitive. As far as that statement is concerned... that is absolutely absurd.

It's all in how you interpret giving. I know if we handed you the ball four times, and you failed to capitalize because of some poor playcalling, I would have felt that you gave us back the game.

Back