• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Webb on fire at the World Golf Championship

Once greatness was in his sight he crumbled. Look, he is the best golfer on the planet but when it is time to do something special (win a major, shoot a 59) he doesn't come through. It is the exact opposite of what he use to be like.

Sarcasm or stupid? He shot a lot of 59s in his prior career, didn't he?

what's the deal with this modern stableford scoring

Once greatness was in his sight he crumbled. Look, he is the best golfer on the planet but when it is time to do something special (win a major, shoot a 59) he doesn't come through. It is the exact opposite of what he use to be like.

He wanted the 59 but the lie on 16 dictated the shot. He made the right decision. He wants the win more than he wanted a 59 (he could have gone for 16 in two if he really wanted it bad). And that par on 18 was unreal. He's done plenty of special things in his life... 14 to be exact. You're probably being sarcastic but I think Tiger bashing is so old. He's the best golfer that ever lived. Nicklaus, to this point, is the greatest champion.

I hope he was being sarcastic because Tiger played one of the best rounds I've ever seen today. Extremely impressive.

While he's performed poorly on weekends at majors recently, I don't see that happening here given that he's owned this course. Add to that he's closed well 3 other times this year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't run away with this.

Please - all these guys suck. Raise your hand if you have ever broken 40 ... for 18 holes,

1219kimjongil.jpg

Tiger looks unbeatable, but I still say he doesn't win the PGA. He can't seem to win the big one anymore even with the year he has had.

What a brutally boring round. Leaderboard has been almost exactly the same all day.

Back