• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Webb Simpson - US Open Champion

Wonderful victory! Changes his life as a professional golfer; but hopefully won't change him at all.

Congrats to Webb. That was absolutely awesome. Great publicity for Wake Forest and Arnie. Webb is an outstanding representative of WFU.

BTW, I was interested to see how much Dowd looks like India did when she was at Wake.

Great final 2 rounds by Webb. What a class act and a great representative for Wake Forest. Glad to have a major winner back. The Wake & Arnold mentions were great PR also.

Webb is THE MAN.

This was just nuts. I watched the whole tournament and never once thought Webb was going to make a run until he made one at the best time humanly possible. This was just an incredible US Open. I really thought it would go to a playoff until the end.

Webb is one cool customer under pressure. His putting stroke is phenomenal.

Seeing the overhead view of that last putt proved that it was longer and more difficult than may have appeared from the ground view.

Played in a charity golf tournament Monday that had a bunch of cool raffle prizes: $500 USAir gift cards, golf rounds at Pinehurst, TaylorMade driver and about 15 other prizes. For $20, you could buy 5 tickets and put them on any prize or split them up. i decided to put all my tickets in the box for Webb Simpson's tour bag and 2 Titleist Vokey wedges. Got a call Friday afternoon that I won the bag and the wedges and am picking them up tomorrow morning. The timing couldn't be better.

Congrats Webb!

Webb is THE MAN.

This was just nuts. I watched the whole tournament and never once thought Webb was going to make a run until he made one at the best time humanly possible. This was just an incredible US Open. I really thought it would go to a playoff until the end.

Numbersdamus.

Played in a charity golf tournament Monday that had a bunch of cool raffle prizes: $500 USAir gift cards, golf rounds at Pinehurst, TaylorMade driver and about 15 other prizes. For $20, you could buy 5 tickets and put them on any prize or split them up. i decided to put all my tickets in the box for Webb Simpson's tour bag and 2 Titleist Vokey wedges. Got a call Friday afternoon that I won the bag and the wedges and am picking them up tomorrow morning. The timing couldn't be better.

Congrats Webb!

$ :jerkit:

3pr64g.jpg

With the win Webb surpasses Tom Watson, Tom Kite, Bernard Langer and Craig Stadler on the career earning list.

What a fuckin stud. Class of 2008 represent bitches.

Tried to PM you, rj. You can still change it.

Well, Simpson could've beaten the dirty Jew but we're talking sports here. Ethnic slurs are fun!

Seriously, though, the shout-outs for WF between Costas' remarks on TV which he pretty much repeated verbatim at the presentation got WF some great coverage.

Back