• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WEBB SIMPSON!

Total Domination start to finish.
A golfer hasn't had this much coverage in one day since Tiger what's his name.

they talked plenty about Wake and even about Arnie riding the Harley into the game yesterday.
Great publicity overall

local putt putt.......worth $1.080 million..............BTW the 2014 PGA season is now 2 weeks old............golf never ends..........

Full Ryder Cup points available in these fall events now.

Webb's fourth PGA tour win puts him only behind Dustin Johnson (7 wins) and Rory (6 wins) for golfers still in their 20s.

Golf Central opened with a clip of Arnie w/ the Deacon on the motorcycle.

Nice to win a million dollars in October toward the 2014 season. Phil and Sergio will be in Malaysia this week among many others.

Nice to win a million dollars in October toward the 2014 season. Phil and Sergio will be in Malaysia this week among many others.

McIlroy and Tiger will make $5m each in appearance fees alone over the next month.

McIlroy and Tiger will make $5m each in appearance fees alone over the next month.

Sure, but I'm guessing Webb is happy with the PGA win and FedEx points. I'm guessing both Tiger and Rory would rather have a win and the points.

This could prove to be a pivotal win for Webb. It was wire-to-wire, which is rare on the PGA tour. Also, he actually increased his lead in the final round. Webb does not have a great deal of experience in leading after 3 rounds, but he needs the experience of being a front runner. I would not be surprised if the new season proves to be a big one after this early win. The Ryder Cup is another huge incentive beyond the FedEx championship.

Sure, but I'm guessing Webb is happy with the PGA win and FedEx points. I'm guessing both Tiger and Rory would rather have a win and the points.

Maybe Rory since he's been a disaster all year but he's trying to build a global brand. Other than random Asian events to build said brand, he only plays top tournaments. Without an appearance fee which doesn't happen on tour, Rory wouldn't touch Vegas unless he needed reps.

Tiger only cares about money. He'll go where the money is or what courses suit his eye. Rory's schedule has been consistently more difficult than Tiger.

Does the win qualify Webb for the 2014 Tournament of Champions or for the one in 2015?

Maybe Rory since he's been a disaster all year but he's trying to build a global brand. Other than random Asian events to build said brand, he only plays top tournaments. Without an appearance fee which doesn't happen on tour, Rory wouldn't touch Vegas unless he needed reps.

Tiger only cares about money. He'll go where the money is or what courses suit his eye. Rory's schedule has been consistently more difficult than Tiger.

Crap. You think Tiger doesn't want to pass Sam Snead? Give me a break.

Back