• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 14 NFL Thread

Seattle have not played in a Monday night football game in four years. That alone should be enough for a Hawks fan to be excited.

WOOHOO MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

BryanDFischer Bryan Fischer
Fun fact about MNF this year: Combined record of all the teams who've played so far this season (inc. tonight): 137-149.

Yeah ESPN got screwed, especially since they pay the NFL more than any other broadcaster. I understand why that's the case, but still, ridiculous schedule.

That being said, could easily see Seattle getting in if they win out.

ESPN needs some better scheduling provisions for MNF with all the money they're paying for it. I mean the freaking Jags have been in 2 games this year.

ESPN needs some better scheduling provisions for MNF with all the money they're paying for it. I mean the freaking Jags have been in 2 games this year.

What's up with this? Wouldn't the NFL, networks, and fans all want/benefit from great or at least decent Sunday/Monday night games? Is it an nbc/espn/nfl thing? Seems like there should be plenty to go around for everyone.

I think the NFL generally attempts to showcase what it thinks will be pretty good teams, but aren't quite "SNF"-caliber teams, on MNF. Problem with that is you can whiff hard

What's up with this? Wouldn't the NFL, networks, and fans all want/benefit from great or at least decent Sunday/Monday night games? Is it an nbc/espn/nfl thing? Seems like there should be plenty to go around for everyone.

Agreed, I don't know why they couldn't have one of the 4:00 games. Most 1:00 games have been better than what they've been airing on Monday nights.

Mike Tirico has been earning his paycheck just trying to generate excitement, but you can imagine these guys just lamenting the games they're getting every time they go to commercial break.

At least MNF finishes strong. Steelers-Niners and Falcons-Saints (this seems to be a new end of MNF tradition) the last two weeks

and he shall be levoir
and he shall be a line man

Somebody get me in the booth, the people need to hear that!

Back