• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Thanks for the response/explanation. So I take it these 4GLTE commercials are actual about something and not just another gimmicky thing? I have Verizon so I will see if I'm in areas that get it. What do you know about Verizon's other Droids? I looked at Cnet reviews but they all have good reviews. It would be unwise for me to spend what the Bionic costs now on a new phone.

LTE is the real deal, and Verizon is really pushing it out quickly.

Check places like Amazon, TigerDirect, WireFly, etc for a deal on the Bionic. I know Amazon had it for $150 as recently as last week. The other LTE Droids I've heard mixed things about, mostly surrounding poor battery life due to the 1st generation LTE chips in them.

If price is that big a deal to you, you could go for a Droid 3 or a Droid Incredible 2, but you won't get 4G speeds with them. IMO, it's better to just drop the dough and get the most up to date hardware, BUT that IS just an opinion. You do what is right for you.

I broke my droid incredible on the golf course last weekend. Fell out of the cart and back wheel ran over it. Didn't have insurance. Any of you that are planning to upgrade or have already upgraded and want to part with an old android device, I would be glad to take it off your hands. Verizon, preferrably HTC model. I can't upgrade till march, so i just need something to get me till then. Had to reactivate the old blackberry curve and it sucks.

I broke my droid incredible on the golf course last weekend. Fell out of the cart and back wheel ran over it. Didn't have insurance. Any of you that are planning to upgrade or have already upgraded and want to part with an old android device, I would be glad to take it off your hands. Verizon, preferrably HTC model. I can't upgrade till march, so i just need something to get me till then. Had to reactivate the old blackberry curve and it sucks.

I used swappa when I needed a new phone. Highly recommend it.

Verizon models:

http://swappa.com/devices/verizon

Any recommendations on refurb phones? I can get a 16gig iPhone4 for $99.... any blaring reason I shouldn't do this?

Any recommendations on refurb phones? I can get a 16gig iPhone4 for $99.... any blaring reason I shouldn't do this?

Wait until next week. The fifth generation iPhone is being announced Tuesday. Wait and see what kind of features and hardware are announced, because all the new features may not work on the 4. Plus, the price of the 4 will drop with the 5 coming, so you'll save some dollars if you decide you're content with the 4.

Has anyone confirmed that the Nexus Prime is coming to multiple carriers? I would LOVE to get one on Verizon...

I'm sure it will be, but I'm not sure that there is any official or semi-official, unofficial reports.

WTF should I have stuck it out with my broken phone for another couple of weeks and waited on this?!

It probably won't be out until November at the earliest. I tried this game and ended up having to go with the Bionic.

Are there any rumors of phones coming out within the next year (probably too far into the future for rumors)? I don't have to upgrade soon but if the Prime is the best thing coming out for a while, I might make the move.

Prime is definitely the last big Android phone to be solidly announced this year.

Vigor/Incredible HD and the Prime are your two choices this year.

To address the carrier question, the rumor is the Prime is a Verizon exclusive, and is why they opted NOT to carry to Galaxy S II (which is selling like gangbusters). This will be the flagship Android phone with LTE.

ETA: Also helps that this will be a Google design, so it shouldn't be subject to any litigation between Samsung and Apple.

To address the carrier question, the rumor is the Prime is a Verizon exclusive, and is why they opted NOT to carry to Galaxy S II (which is selling like gangbusters). This will be the flagship Android phone with LTE.

whooooaaaa.

I get a January upgrade. totes in on this one.

Also- Verizon better let me keep my unlimited data plan if I sign a new contract.

Last edited:
Back