• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Any recommendations on refurb phones? I can get a 16gig iPhone4 for $99.... any blaring reason I shouldn't do this?

I have not had good luck with refurbs. Most recently, I got a refurb replacement for my Droid Charge. That lasted one week. They tried to give me a second refurb, which would have been the 3rd phone of the same model. Spoke to a manager and they gave me a new one out of the box. So far, so good.

Maybe Apple refurbs are better.

hmm i got the same unsupported thing. maybe its because I haven't set up the Vcast stuff.

I figured mine didn't work since I have all of the Verizon bullshit deleted from my phone. Its probably "free" only if you sign up for some $10 a month garbage Verizon service.

Posted via Tapatalk

I think it's more than just Madden, because I just saw Tiger Woods 12 is free today as well. Might be all EA sports games.

Just got off the phone with Verizon. NFL Network and Redzone are free for the rest of the season if you have recently bought a 4G device.

Sweet!

I was at the airport yesterday, paid $3 for the NFL Network video services and watched NFL Redzone for 3 hours while waiting on my plane.

I called today to make sure that it wasn't a $3 recurring charge and the guy told me that it didn't matter because all new 4G phones get free NFL Network/Redzone for the rest of the season.

Pretty sweet.

I was at the airport yesterday, paid $3 for the NFL Network video services and watched NFL Redzone for 3 hours while waiting on my plane.

I called today to make sure that it wasn't a $3 recurring charge and the guy told me that it didn't matter because all new 4G phones get free NFL Network/Redzone for the rest of the season.

Pretty sweet.

Weird, I still have NFL network/red zone for free on my iPhone from Verizon. Watched for a half an hour yesterday.

As far as Sprint buying out contracts, I think they did something similar not too long ago. I guess I'm saying don't put it past them. My question is why would they do this if they won't see any profit from the deal until 2014? The iPhone will be in it's 7th generation by then. I also wonder how they plan to keep unlimited data plans...the iPhone 5 has the potential to crush their network.

That's not even a real exclusive. It's only exclusive for one quarter (granted over the holidays). Still, I just don't see anyway Sprint makes that deal. I just don't see how it would benefit them, other than in the extreme short term.

I tend to agree. $20 billion is a lot of scratch just to attract subscribers. The only reason I see for this is that it gives Apple and Verizon/AT&T time to get the kinks out of an LTE iPhone.

Just put a gingersense rom on TWToy's friend's phone. So much better than the stock rom.

I'm sick of all this iOs crap. Can we go back to drooling over the Nexus Prime?

Back