• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

So if I order the Moto X full price from Motorola... can I then use it with the T-Mobile $30 pre-paid plan? That would be pretty amazing.

for me, that's saving $700 over two years, sacrificing only 300 minutes (that I don't use a ton of anyway). damn.

as long as there isn't a huge drop off in coverage, I'm thrilled about the savings.

last week, I switched from ATT to T-Mobile because of the HUGE savings. I'm paying 60 bucks a month now compared to 92 bucks. BUT, my service SUCKS now. The coverage map shows great coverage at home/work but I get no coverage at work and 3 bars at home. Very lame.

I think I'm going to switch back. It is so frustrating to not have service when you need it. Good luck.

As someone who works on the network side of the cellular world (monitoring software / platforms) - they all have holes, it's just the nature of the beast. Verizon has huge service gaps in some markets, the same as the other carriers in other markets.

The best thing to do is to actually try a device on those networks for a couple of weeks, to see if where you spend the majority of your life is in one of those holes.

As someone who works on the network side of the cellular world (monitoring software / platforms) - they all have holes, it's just the nature of the beast. Verizon has huge service gaps in some markets, the same as the other carriers in other markets.

The best thing to do is to actually try a device on those networks for a couple of weeks, to see if where you spend the majority of your life is in one of those holes.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Verizon has a great network around here, but I get no service at my house and no service at my favorite neighborhood bar. So I'm going to try out T-Mobile and see how they do around my area.

last week, I switched from ATT to T-Mobile because of the HUGE savings. I'm paying 60 bucks a month now compared to 92 bucks. BUT, my service SUCKS now. The coverage map shows great coverage at home/work but I get no coverage at work and 3 bars at home. Very lame.

I think I'm going to switch back. It is so frustrating to not have service when you need it. Good luck.
In the mean time, you should use Wi-Fi calling if your device supports it. With my home and work Wi-Fi the only time I use the network is on the road or at friends

just downloaded ios7 and I like it, although I agree it would be nice to be able to customize the control center.

Just got my Moto X and set it up with T-Mobile. I actually get 3 bars of 4G here at my house (no bars with Verizon). Nice.

I'm in Germany and haven't been able to access the mobile network summer und been here. I thought my phone would go into Roaming as soon as I picked up a signal from another provider, but it won't connect to Vodafone, Eplus or any other network. My carrier is T-Mobile. I would really like to be able to post pictures and updates without being confined to WiFi. From what I can tell, all mobile and roaming settings on my phone are on.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in Germany and haven't been able to access the mobile network summer und been here. I thought my phone would go into Roaming as soon as I picked up a signal from another provider, but it won't connect to Vodafone, Eplus or any other network. My carrier is T-Mobile. I would really like to be able to post pictures and updates without being confined to WiFi. From what I can tell, all mobile and roaming settings on my phone are on.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Don't you need to activate the service with your carrier?

Yes.

I finally dumped my Blackberry and joined the rest of my family with an Iphone 5s. Why did I keep that crappy phone so long while I payed the bills for my girls?? I've got lots to learn about this puppy.

Am I just overreacting about my lifeproof case breaking the sleep/wake button on my 2nd iphone 5? Should I be this paranoid about it happening again? Anybody ever had that happen to them?

Back