• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WEEKLY COLLEGE FB DISCUSSION THREAD (FIGHTING PHIL KNIGHTS V. MAYO SAMMICH HOOSIERS)

So Townie hates rich white guys but loves OSU. Urban Meyer makes $5m. Interesting. Simple mind

Meyer defending that 1st down throw. Sorry that was dumb.

B6S0R8cIAAAibK9.jpg

What can man do against such reckless hate?

If the BCS was still around, the national championship would've more than likely been Bama vs. FSU.

And if it went back to like it was pre-BCS, it would be Oregon and Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

None of this matters. I love how people like to say FSU or Alabama didn't belong because they lost. Well, FSU wouldn't have been in my top 4 or 5, but you can't very well leave them out when they're undefeated and in a P5 conference. Bama was a no brainer to be in there. How Sims rolls is how the Tide rolls for them, and he was largely dog shit tonight. You earn your spot in that top 4 by how well you do in the regular season. VT beat Ohio State this season. Does that mean VT should be in the playoff? Of course not. Nor does Ohio State beating Bama somehow mean that they were properly selected, or Oregon beating the snot out of FSU mean that FSU was improperly selected. I mean, fuck, Carolina is in the NFL playoffs. If they win this week, it doesn't mean they deserve to be there. Even if they win the damn Super Bowl it doesn't mean they deserved a playoff spot. But that's how it goes.

As for the championship game, I saw problems with Oregon's pass rush today. The turnovers were the primary difference maker. I still think they win, but Ohio State can overmatch them in the trenches. While I was pulling for Bama, I am somewhat happy to not see the SEC represented in the championship game. Now ESPN can ride Urban Meyer's jock for a week and a half.

Can Herbstreit have some fucking common decency and remove himself from this as head cheerleader. God, this is going to be vomit-worthy the next 10 days.

WEEKLY COLLEGE FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD (CHEATERS GET CRUSHED, TRACTOR PACK...

^ you forgot one.

6. Didnt soil myself today.

Really tough loss for South Carolina last night. That really was an impressive streak of national championships they had.

So Townie hates rich white guys but loves OSU. Urban Meyer makes $5m. Interesting. Simple mind

it must be hard for you to watch any pro sports, what with successful nonwhite people abounding

So I guess all the FSU gear is going into the closet for storage until September and all the Duke gear is coming out. Just called a guy out on Facebook I'm friends with that has posted all season like he's the biggest FSU fan in the world and this morning has a post that talks about how even though FSU lost, he still supports them rabidly and in the next sentence says that basketball is in full swing now and Go Blue Devils.

The Bama football-Carolina basketball fans are out in full force this morning as well.

I mean it's a free country and to each his own, but I really dislike bandwagon fans. When my daughter was in preschool there was this dad of another kid in her class and almost everyday had on Wake Forest stuff, so naturally he and I would talk a lot in the mornings when we dropped off the kids. I even went as far as to give him two of my 4 season tickets to one of our football games the year after we won the ACC title. Well, as soon as that season was over after we won the Car Care bowl over UConn, he started wearing Duke stuff and I was like what's up? He said, "I'm a Duke basketball fan." Needless to say, our conversations got a lot shorter the rest of the school year.

WEEKLY COLLEGE FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD (CHEATERS GET CRUSHED, TRACTOR PACK...

Last edited:
SEC laid a turd in the bowls. I know you can't keep an undefeated FSU team out this year, but perhaps this will allow more fluidity in ranking teams with more losses ahead of a team with fewer. There wasn't really much of a question that FSU wasn't/isn't a top four team in the country IMO.

FSU set a record by going 7-0 in games decided by 7 points or less. Don't think we'll see a team like that again for a while

Back