• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Chaundee!!!

I mean, I get it for those that do because I used to, but Jesus tap dancing Christ, that got so annoying.

Glad we landed what seems like a very good player. And the perception of us landing a top quality recruit over Kansas is YUGE.

Perception? We landed a great player who Kansas wanted badly. Why do you say perception?

And in their defense, 90% of the recruiting thread posts are related to awful, regurgitated arguments.

The first post is almost always up to date if you just want to stay current.

Welcome to the fold Chaundee!! We're beyond excited to learn of your decision to matriculate at Mother So Dear! Can't wait to see you don the 'ol gold and black!

GoDeacs!! Keep it rollin' Danny!

Showing other recruits we are back will be huge in turning around this dumpster fire.

Oh yes, I agree. I was just questioning your word choice. Saying the 'perception' that we landed a recruit over Kansas implies that it is only perception, and not reality - that we didn't REALLY take a recruit from Kansas. If you had said the 'fact' that we landed a recruit over Kansas will help on the recruiting trail, I would have agreed wholeheartedly.

Oh yes, I agree. I was just questioning your word choice. Saying the 'perception' that we landed a recruit over Kansas implies that it is only perception, and not reality - that we didn't REALLY take a recruit from Kansas. If you had said the 'fact' that we landed a recruit over Kansas will help on the recruiting trail, I would have agreed wholeheartedly.

When you're talking about impressions of other recruits and recruiting analysts and fans, perception = reality.

Pure reality will be our W-L record.

When you're talking about impressions of other recruits and recruiting analysts and fans, perception = reality.

Pure reality will be our W-L record.

I guess my point is that, in this case, reality = reality. There is no need to make the distinction.
If we landed a recruit that had Kansas on their list but Kansas wasn't REALLY recruiting them but we were saying it looked good because they were 'recruited' by Kansas, then the 'perception = reality' comment makes sense. It makes no sense in this case.

I know what you're saying, but you're attaching an "illusory" quality to the term perception that it really doesn't have. Perception definitely is a subjective quality, but that doesn't mean it isn't objective as well.

I know what you're saying, but you're attaching an "illusory" quality to the term perception that it really doesn't have. Perception definitely is a subjective quality, but that doesn't mean it isn't objective as well.

200_s.gif

Crawford/Collins/Moore class made this possible. The dark years made it take Danny 3 season to get there instead of 2.

Crawford/Collins/Moore class made this possible. The dark years made it take Danny 3 season to get there instead of 2.

Good post.

Helps ten fold that three years allows you to begin to develop relationships with high level recruits when they are sophs.

Good lord, way too many words spent on this already. But, when someone uses the word 'perception' in the context of 'perception = reality' they are implying that something is not REALLY true but that if people think it is (the perception) then that is the same if it it really was (the reality). That concept is not applicable to us taking a recruit from Kansas - we really did.

You didn't? That's all this thread has been talking about for weeks.

PG - Crawford, Childress
SG - Brown, Woods, Wilbekin
SF - Randolph, Washington, Eggleston
PF - Dinos, Mitchell
C - Collins, Moore, SJM

I could get excited about that.

Or a Disney princess movie. You choose

Reality doesn't exist from a human perspective only our perception of reality. As such the human perception of reality is in essence our reality and thus perception is greater than reality. Or maybe perceptions are just only potential false interpretations of reality and in reality only reality truly exists. It truly just depends on your perspective of perception vs. reality.

I think we should perceive our perceptions in perception of others perceive their perceptions of perceptions.

Back