• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Coron Williams!!!!

Good Lord, can't we just wish the kid best of luck on this thread and play bitter old man on every other one?

Agreed. Welcome Coron! This actually works out really well, seeing as we're going to force CMM into the SG role next season. Coron will work nicely into the rotation when MJ or CMM needs a breather. Our coach is still buzz, but we just added a 40+ percent 3-point shooter from a team that knocked off the 2012 national champions in a tournament setting; that can't be a bad thing.

Agreed. Welcome Coron! This actually works out really well, seeing as we're going to force CMM into the SG role next season. Coron will work nicely into the rotation when MJ or CMM needs a breather. Our coach is still buzz, but we just added a 40+ percent 3-point shooter from a team that knocked off the 2012 national champions in a tournament setting; that can't be a bad thing.

You sure about that?

You sure about that?

That we're going to need him to play SG, or that it's "forcing" the issue? I'm posting under the assumption that CMM and MJ will both start next season. If they're not both starting, then I guess we just added a starter to the roster.

Last edited:
That we're going to need him to play SG, or that it's "forcing" the issue? I'm posting under the assumption that CMM and MJ will both start next season. If they're not both starting, then I guess we just added a starter to the roster.

Of course CMM will prob play the 2 at spots next season, but I'm guessing that Coron will start.

We are going to start a guy that couldn't start at Bobby Morris after being in the program for 4 years. I'm stoked!

Made more 3's this year than anyone on our team and shot 42% from 3. If he can play a lick of defense, he will be a big upgrade over Fischer. Welcome Coron.

Oh, my mistake then. I thought I read that he was their 6th man.

We are going to start a guy that couldn't start at Bobby Morris after being in the program for 4 years. I'm stoked!

I bet you doubted coach when he started #awamotoo last season, but that turned out to be a great idea. Just let the coach coach.

LD believes!

LD Williams™ ‏@LD_Williams_4 1 May
Shouts to my young boys @CMM_OnTheRise and @awamotoo for coming in to get some work in #gettinbetter #theseboyshungry #expectsomechanges

I bet you doubted coach when he started #awamotoo last season, but that turned out to be a great idea. Just let the coach coach.

I doubt everything [Redacted] does. He is a proven moron.

You don't have to spin it. Our AD does enough of that anyway. Kentucky was awful this year - relatively, speaking - going 21-12. They lost eight guys off of the national championship roster. Robert Morris beat them in the first round of the NIT without their best overall player.

What can't be a bad thing is that we finally have a proven shooter on this team. Making threes is what Coron Williams does and it's all he does. Hopefully, we finally have found a guy to clear up the middle for our post players to operate and our perimeter players to get to the basket.

I don't know why you're hashtagging Bill Moto on an internet message board, but even looking past that...

Moto was one of the few guys who was physically developed enough to play consistently on both ends of the floor last year. I'm thrilled that [Redacted] was able to recognize that with all of his years of coaching experience.

What I'm less thrilled about is how rarely he allowed Moto to play to his strengths. We'll see if Moto gets good enough over the summer to justify the type of role [Redacted] envisioned, but last year was hardly successful enough to "just let the coach coach."

Dude gets to extend his basketball career by one season and get a jump on a graduate degree for free while finally getting a chance to play against Duke and Carolina. Six month commitment. End of story.

Back