• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Bears repeating that Wellman didn't string this out with a postseason meeting and time for Grobe to decide. He moved. And we got our coach before the carousel really got going.

Bears repeating that Wellman didn't string this out with a postseason meeting and time for Grobe to decide. He moved. And we got our coach before the carousel really got going.

Wellman handed this very well, if it wasn't for the [Redacted] fiasco, I'd have to give him some credit.

I may be an outlier but I was leaning clawson over lembo. Watching him on the sidelines against northern Illinois had me thinking there was no way we could land him.

You're an outlier for a lot more reasons than just that, ol' friend.

And now we only hope he can do the same thing at the end of this season with Bzz, and then apologize to all of us for putting on that "couldn't be happier" show for the last 4 years...

Or is that too much to ask for?

You know what else bears have? Claws, bitches! I'm pretty pumped about this hire upon reflection.

And now we only hope he can do the same thing at the end of this season with Bzz, and then apologize to all of us for putting on that "couldn't be happier" show for the last 4 years...

Or is that too much to ask for?

I don't think that man knows how to apologize.

Grobe was right to embrace the challenges and limitations of Wake Forest when he got here and that helped him succeed and then when he got us to the point we could move past some of those challenges and limitations, he didn't take advantage it and hung onto it. There will always be challenges and even some limitations unique to Wake Forest, but I think we can achieve a sustainable level above where we've been and hopefully Clawson is the guy to do it.

very good post

Tyree Harris ‏@TyreeHarris_12 6m
I like the new coach. Even better that him and my high school are kool and close. Wake Forest, we have a good head coach. Trust me.

I like the new coach. Even better that him and my high school are kool and close. Wake Forest, we have a good head coach. Trust me.

:woot: glad he made a good impression on at least one player - would love to see more reactions from people who follow other Deacs on twitter.

Marietta High School looks good for future recruiting.

Wellman did good. He deserves blame when he does bad and credit when he does good. He did good here.

From the BG boards (posted on that thread):

"He is an active part of BG football, in a NEGATIVE way, as he has already called some of the "committed" recruits!"

In an alternate world where Wellman broke the bank for Lembo:

Our new coach looks like an accounting professor. Trust me.

From the BG boards (posted on that thread):

"He is an active part of BG football, in a NEGATIVE way, as he has already called some of the "committed" recruits!"

So he's already trying to fill the holes that Grobe and Lobo left him. Maybe...

Back