• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

The gold fade is fugly but I would love to see shiny gold helmets like Baylor's.

Just posted at coachingsearch.com

Wake Forest: A source tells CoachingSearch.com that Wake Forest head coach Dave Clawson has offered a position to The Citadel head coach Kevin Higgins. Clawson once coached under Higgins at Lehigh. Higgins is expected to accept a position on the offensive side of the ball that includes the title of assistant head coach.

Wake Forest: A source tells CoachingSearch.com that Wake Forest head coach Dave Clawson has offered a position to The Citadel head coach Kevin Higgins. Clawson once coached under Higgins at Lehigh. Higgins is expected to accept a position on the offensive side of the ball that includes the title of assistant head coach.

Was the QB/WR coach with the Lions for a few years too.

Yep, some of his bio:

Prior to his appointment at The Citadel, Higgins spent the 2001-04 seasons with the Lions, serving as the quarterbacks coach for his first three years before switching to the wide receivers in his final campaign in Detroit. During that 2004 season he was responsible for the development of one of the most exciting trios of wideouts in the NFL – Az-Zahir Hakim, Charles Rogers and Roy Williams – with Williams setting team rookie records for receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns in a season.

Patriot League Champs : 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000

Looks like he has a lot of experience working with receivers.
Prior to his appointment at The Citadel, Higgins spent the 2001-04 seasons with the Lions, serving as the quarterbacks coach for his first three years before switching to the wide receivers in his final campaign in Detroit. During that 2004 season he was responsible for the development of one of the most exciting trios of wideouts in the NFL – Az-Zahir Hakim, Charles Rogers and Roy Williams – with Williams setting team rookie records for receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns in a season.Before joining the NFL ranks, Higgins was one of the hottest coaches in FCS football at Lehigh, leading the Mountain Hawks to three straight Patriot League championships and NCAA playoff appearances from 1998 to 2000. Lehigh lost only one regular season game in his final three seasons and posted an overall record of 34-4 during that span.
http://www.citadelsports.com/sports/fball/2010-11/coaches/higgins_kevin00

2012 SoCon COY (Citadel)

12-1 record in rivalry games (Lehigh-Lafayette, Citadel-VMI)

99-83-1 career record

Pretty good resume. Not sure how involved he was with The Citadel's offense, but they hung 70 on VMI a few years ago.

Sounds like we are bringing in coaches who win. Just look at the coaching awards and league championships between Clawsen and Higgins as head coaches. I know they have to prove themselves at the BCS level, but I'm glad we are going out and bringing in leaders who care about winning. Geez the Grobe coaching tree has just been so blah. This is exciting.

ETA: Looks like he was pretty average at Citadel. I don't know much about them or the SoCon...

Last edited:
Higgins is a solid coach, he helped develop Roy Williams, but couldn't do anything for Charles "China doll" Rogers. Then again, I am not sure anyone could help that ass clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowling Green RB Coach/Recruiting Coordinator will be joining Clawson at Wake. BG defensive backs coach Nick Monroe and defensive line coach Larry McDaniel are staying at Bowling Green.

Interesting. Wonder if Claw wanted them here or not. Apparently the new coach does.

Back