• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Bowling Green RB Coach/Recruiting Coordinator will be joining Clawson at Wake. BG defensive backs coach Nick Monroe and defensive line coach Larry McDaniel are staying at Bowling Green.

McCartney and Jackson?

If he brings all his staff except for the two mentioned, plus Higgins, that only would leave room for one more coach. John Hunter, the RB coach and recruiting coordinator, is a BGSU alum. A bit surprising he is moving. Money may talk loudly, though. From the above, it looks like only the D coordinator, and maybe the linebackers coach are moving from the defensive staff, while it looks like all the offense staff is moving.

If he brings all his staff except for the two mentioned, plus Higgins, that only would leave room for one more coach. John Hunter, the RB coach and recruiting coordinator, is a BGSU alum. A bit surprising he is moving. Money may talk loudly, though. From the above, it looks like only the D coordinator, and maybe the linebackers coach are moving from the defensive staff, while it looks like all the offense staff is moving.

Nothing surprising to me. I'm a Ball State alum and love it, but you've got to keep climbing.

Agreed, Ball State. How many of us would take jobs at Wake just because we went there?

For the dude who said BSU/ASU was statistically the same, we are 13th in the country at 40 and change a game. ASU is mid 60s at 29. 13th > 60th. If Pete leaves Skrosky will stay and we will thrash Arky State. It won't be over quick. It won't be pleasant. And they will not enjoy it.

OOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!1111!!!!

*to be fair, Skrosky left and Pete stayed.

It's been just over a month and I'm very pleased with how this roll out has gone. Winning the press conference followed by hard work. We've heard more interviews from Grobe than Clawson. It's clear Clawson and his staff are working hard restoring the program on the recruiting trail and trying to figure out the roster. Got to give props to Wellman and Clawson for having a strong Day 1 and just getting to business.

I like the fact that having created a very good public image, Clawson has not been trying to continue doing that. Apparently he understands that the impressions that really matter come on the field and not in press conferences.

Last edited:
Well said, mebane. Savvy media presence and glad handing aren't going to build a football program.

It's been just over a month and I'm very pleased with how this roll out has gone. Winning the press conference followed by hard work. We've heard more interviews from Grobe than Clawson. It's clear Clawson and his staff are working hard restoring the program on the recruiting trail and trying to figure out the roster. Got to give props to Wellman and Clawson for having a strong Day 1 and just getting to business.

I keep wondering when he's going to get introduced at a basketball game. It seems like he's keeping too busy.

The students just got back, right?

Yeah I remember that and said the same thing. They seemed to remember something more formal though that I thought I had missed.

Cumberland is prob just a LIAR though.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

I keep wondering when he's going to get introduced at a basketball game. It seems like he's keeping too busy.

Poor Bz when that happens. Everyone will stand and cheer for Clawson, then go back to heckling Bz.

Back