• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Steve Forbes! #ForbesInTheForest #Forbest

Tough to keep up with the interviews. Would love someone that has a little extra time to pull together a separate thread to keep them archived and readily available.

Here is Forbes on The Drive. If anything, at least listen to the first 3 minutes to him talk about his "honeymoon" and wedding receptions. This dude is awesome.
https://anchor.fm/wsjs-sports-hub/episodes/Steve-Forbes-Interview-5520-edljpm

I think my favorite line was something like "One of the things that help me decide if I wanted the job is I had to look up if they had any Dunkin' Donuts here. Of course, John Currie said it's all about Krispy Kreme here. And I said, 'Well, this is just about coffee.'"

Last edited:
Josh Graham has stirred up the assholes that are Kentucky fans. Twitter between Wake and Kentucky fans hilarious .

Talking about driving his scooter to work at Northwest Florida State and it breaking down: "I don't know a lot about cars or vehicles, I'm not real smart in that area...I was driving my scooter around one day and it stopped running, it kindof blew up, I called my wife and she came...it didn't have any oil in it, I guess you have to put oil in those things...and so I blew the engine, my wife called me a dumbass, and from there on out my assistant coach had to come pick me up every day."

:rofl:

I think we were talking about unis on this thread, I forget, but look how much cooler this looks when you don't see the different font WFs on the shorts and your brain just pretends it isn't there? So clean, much neat lines, very classic colors.

EXf2wStWsAACpzx

Tough to keep up with the interviews. Would love someone that has a little extra time to pull together a separate thread to keep them archived and readily available.

That'd work. If anyone is looking for the interviews on the Drive I follow Josh Graham on Spotify. It's nice because he has them broken down by interviews so you don't have to search through a whole segment.

It's been a while since I've seen this picture. Wake-Carolina game from 1970. Number 33 for Wake is Dickie Walker. Number 14 is John Lewkowicz. Number 31 is Gil McGregor. Number 33 for Carolina is Charlie Scott. Walker and McGregor were 1000+ point starters. Lewkowicz came off the bench. He had one game he played a big role in a Wake Forest win. This may be the game. Deacs beat Carolina twice in 1970. Both games were Charlie Scott vs. Charlie Davis shoot outs.

Last edited:
Man, that pic brings back memories, probably from early 1970. McGregor and CD were in my class while Dickie was a year before. Looks like a "sliver" of Larry Habegger to far left.

50 years ago...really?? Damn, I am old.....:tear:

It's been a while since I've seen this picture. Wake-Carolina game from 1970, maybe '71. Number 33 for Wake is Dickie Walker. Number 14 is John Lewkowicz. Number 31 is Gil McGregor. Number 33 for Carolina is Charlie Scott. Walker and McGregor were 1000+ point starters. Lewkowicz came off the bench. He had one game he played a big role in a Wake Forest win. This may be the game. Deacs beat Carolina twice in 1970. Both games were Charlie Scott vs. Charlie Davis shoot outs.

Yosh, Lewkowicz, was the first Deac I can remember gobbling vitamins/supplements. Rode home with him one vacation. Really nice guy.

I'm hoping Forbes finds some characters for the team. It's much more fun when you have a couple on your squad.

Man, that pic brings back memories, probably from early 1970. McGregor and CD were in my class while Dickie was a year before. Looks like a "sliver" of Larry Habegger to far left.

50 years ago...really?? Damn, I am old.....:tear:

It does look like Habegger. I think this is the January 17 game at UNC. Deacs broke an eleven game losing streak to the #7 Heels with a 91-90 victory. CD had 30+ and Scott had 40+. Deacs beat the Heels 88-85 at home on February 5. CD went for 41 and Scott 30+ in that game. The Coliseum was loud and raucous that afternoon.

Of course, we had paid the price for those victories. The Deacs were an all time worst 5-21 our freshman year after being projected for a third place ACC finish. So much for prognostication.

This was the '70 game that we actually won. 91-90, you got it. It's in a collection here at the UNC Libraries that a colleague used for a blog post celebrating their class of '70.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, Charlie Scott and Charlie Davis each went from NYC to Laurinburg to the ACC.

Just before they got there, one of the greatest players never to have made it went to Laurinburg- Earl "The Goat" Manigault.

I believe you are correct RJK. I had a friend in Savannah who played against Manigault while at Laurinburg. Quiet, easy going guy until the topic of northern inner city players dominating down south arose. Talk about passion...whew! He loved hoops. Rose through the ranks to NCAA D1 as a referee. Always respectful and in control. Would smile and T you up in a heartbeat.

His first ten days on the job have been better than the last 13 years combined.

Calipari, Williams, Self, K, Forbes.

Back