• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Well this is just a sad, sad, read.

Real sad. Believe it or not, we used to be tailgate buddies. We sat with each other at Grobe's first game at ECU.

Yup, I was there with that group. Seemed like a good guy. And he is an attorney in Rocky Mount. Went to Wake for undergrad and law school

81 was/is a good person. If you really are judging someone based on their words on a message board, that says more about you than him. I'm not defending anything he's said on the boards- 81 has greatly confused "being a good fan" with "never criticize or question." And that's simply fucking stupid and runs counter to just about everything in American history, culture, and society. But that's where he's at, so be it. But just like everyone, 81 has virtues and vices. Sure, on the boards he's a fuckwit sometimes/most of the time/always- take your pick. But he's a hard-core WF fan in the way he sees best.

But Deman and he are really showing their silly asses on the linked thread. It's sad.

You personal experiences aside, he was never anything but a huge fuckwit on the boards. And that predates Grobe at Wake.

81 was/is a good person. If you really are judging someone based on their words on a message board, that says more about you than him. I'm not defending anything he's said on the boards- 81 has greatly confused "being a good fan" with "never criticize or question." And that's simply fucking stupid and runs counter to just about everything in American history, culture, and society. But that's where he's at, so be it. But just like everyone, 81 has virtues and vices. Sure, on the boards he's a fuckwit sometimes/most of the time/always- take your pick. But he's a hard-core WF fan in the way he sees best.

But Deman and he are really showing their silly asses on the linked thread. It's sad.

I have no idea how he is as a person- I've never met him. I'm speaking merely as someone who has read his drivel for a long, LONG time.

The Buzz-Outers are d*ckheads that want Wake to fail to get rid of him, while saying they "support" the team.

They are frikkiin' morons who refuse to acknowledge the situation that he was left with.

They are cowards that aren't a tenth of the person that Bz is to persevere like he has with all the d*ckheads that have been against him.

They are an embarrassment to Wake Forest, not just for their stupidity, but for their cowardice.

Our players are behind their coach, our AD is behind the coach, and they won today and THE WHOLE TEAM STUCK OUT THEIR MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU BUZZ-OUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

They know who the true Wake fans are.

Bye bye again, free board d*ckheads.

That thread is cringe inducing and that forum is perplexing. I couldn't read about 1/4 of the posts since I'm not a member and they have merged threads among schools? No need to answer, I actually don't care. That was my visit for the year.

So wait a minute. 81Deac and Deman basically highjacked a thread on the MSU board so they could talk academic smack about WFU?

That's pathetic.

That used to happen a lot, but now Wake fans just talk smack about one another.

That thread is cringe inducing and that forum is perplexing. I couldn't read about 1/4 of the posts since I'm not a member and they have merged threads among schools? No need to answer, I actually don't care. That was my visit for the year.

Yeah, I really don't understand why people go over there. Must be really bored to say "I wonder what 81/Deman/Braces are saying about Wake Forest sports."

The Buzz-Outers are d*ckheads that want Wake to fail to get rid of him, while saying they "support" the team.

They are frikkiin' morons who refuse to acknowledge the situation that he was left with.

They are cowards that aren't a tenth of the person that Bz is to persevere like he has with all the d*ckheads that have been against him.

They are an embarrassment to Wake Forest, not just for their stupidity, but for their cowardice.

Our players are behind their coach, our AD is behind the coach, and they won today and THE WHOLE TEAM STUCK OUT THEIR MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU BUZZ-OUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

They know who the true Wake fans are.

Bye bye again, free board d*ckheads.

He actually posted this?

I have no idea how he is as a person- I've never met him. I'm speaking merely as someone who has read his drivel for a long, LONG time.

This. I know nothing about him IRL (though if 81 is his graduation year, I may once have known him IRL), but he is my one of least favorite message board personas, ever. Not because he confuses WFU employee/coaches for WFU (more than a few people do that, which is why Wellman can do whatever he wants with little or no accountability), but because of the way he acts on the boards.

Again, he may be a great guy IRL, but on message boards, not so much.

81Deac used to not be the way he is now. Back in the late '90s/early '00s, 81Deac was both OdomOUT and CaldwellOUT as I recall, and seemed genuinely interested mostly in the betterment of both football and basketball programs. I was friendly enough with him that I'd occasionally exchange emails with him and I recall him telling me early on in Grobe's tenure that after partnering up with Troy Calhoun in a golf outing, he felt Calhoun was more valuable to Wake football than even Grobe himself. It seems that his impression was at least well-founded at that time. When the huge "loyalty gestapo" movement started up over on the Scout board it seems that somehow 81Deac signed up, and the rest is history. I don't know if something in him changed, or if he was always that way but it never manifested until some watershed event occurred. I still consider him an efriend and as an 81 grad myself I felt a kinship there, but [obviously] I cannot abide the "Wellman/establishment is always right" stance he holds these days.

This. I know nothing about him IRL (though if 81 is his graduation year, I may once have known him IRL), but he is my one of least favorite message board personas, ever. Not because he confuses WFU employee/coaches for WFU (more than a few people do that, which is why Wellman can do whatever he wants with little or no accountability), but because of the way he acts on the boards.

Again, he may be a great guy IRL, but on message boards, not so much.

My A#1 college sports pet peeve. These guys are employees and their loyalty extends as far as their paychecks. We can't expect any more than that. That's really what's at the core of what Loh is talking about too. Sometimes you show your loyalty to your team by calling for change.

It's also why I hate to see players/alumni come back to coach at their alma maters. It rarely ends well.

Damn, I was gonna poke the hornets nest, but only spartan members can post on the thread? Wat?

Back