• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Castevens delivering garbage in the tower and on the field

So few peoe actually give a shit about tennis.

40,000 people attend the tournament and its shown on espn and CBS. It's great publicity for Wake Forest, and the tennis programs are clearly reaping the benefits. Just because you're mad at Wellman and/or don't like tennis, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I imagine if a PGA tour event was held at Old Town and the tv announcers talked a lot about wake you would be supportive of the event.

Deacon Tower

It is funny how that press release talks about how Ovations is supposed to serve everything fresh when I know for a fact that almost all of the food served is pre-cooked frozen crap. Many people have already gotten sick off of that food and apology emails have already gone out to the folks a Bridger after the first game.

If you want to support the former operators (Pam and Jack Welker) of Deacon Tower visit their new place, Phoenix Grille. Www.phoenixgrille.us.com. Something to wash that bad taste out of your mouth after game day.

Also send emails to Ron, that jackass Randy and even President Hatch demanding changes.

Well, keep in mind that Wellman totes the water for Don Flow (chairman of the board) and did bring Don's precious tennis tournament to Winston by essentially dismantling an entire parking lot. So, Ron has done quite well as a puppet and that's PRECISELY why Ron still has a job.

So, from the perspective of the people with the BIG bucks, Ron is doing just fine.

Sounds like Don Flow is the "bizarro" T. Boone Pickens/Phil Knight.

Maybe Ovations is putting out crappy food on purpose during their "6 month transition period" so they look better after 6 months. Now they can play the blame game and say it was the old concessionaires fault. Obama style.

I read the topic too fast and for a second wondered what Cat Stevens had to do with Deacon Tower concessions.

Saturdays are traditionally the concessions workers hardest work day, so their minds were probably preoccupied with all the work they had to do. Don't worry though because they'll be good at all non-Saturday football games.

I think maybe we're asking the concessionaires to do too much. We'll take another look and probably simplify the menu a little bit. When they get tired of serving crummy food, they'll do better. Right now they are not tired enough of it.

I mean what can Wellman do? He tells them to have good food. You have to ask them why they have bad food. He can't cook the food himself.

I mean what can Wellman do? He tells them to have good food. You have to ask them why they have bad food. He can't cook the food himself.

He can admit he made a huge mistake, fire their asses, bring back the previous local vendor that really had no issues.... and fire the jackass, Cassstevens, while he is at it. All so the patrons of Deacon Tower will have a comfortable experience while watching a poor excuse for football on the field.

He can admit he made a huge mistake, fire their asses, bring back the previous local vendor that really had no issues.... and fire the jackass, Cassstevens, while he is at it. All so the patrons of Deacon Tower will have a comfortable experience while watching a poor excuse for football on the field.

I believe Island was channeling his inner [Redacted] and being sarcastic.

Was this really Casstevens decision?

Absolutely, I was told by insiders that he headed the entire process and was fully responsible for making the final decision, even though a majority of his "so called" committee was against the change

hard to aurgue this about the food and football from the original OLDDEAC. :)

Watched one of the worse offensive showings I've seen in years while gagging on some of the worst food I've ever eaten. Used to enjoy going to the tower for some great food and entertaining football. I think going to the soup kitchen and and watching cats fight would make for a better Saturday afternoon.

Back