• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Football (+ Lobo-Grobe Wedding News!)

Three examples in the history of the world?

I don't get this tack, PH. Grobe hired a coach and 8 years or so later his wife's sister marries or is going to marry Grobe's son. Unless the argument is just he will never be able to fire him now.

Everyone and their mother has basically conceded that with Grobe comes Steede. If Grobe hasn't fired him by now he certainly never will.

I agree with the majority here, he gameplans well, he just calls plays poorly during a game. Every now and then, he hits a groove for a quarter or a half in which he calls great timely plays, but not usually.

The best we can hope for is that he becomes associate head coach or something and stays as the OC strategizer but gives up in game play calling to someone more dynamic. Because it seems like we have the players at the skill positions

I don't get this tack, PH. Grobe hired a coach and 8 years or so later his wife's sister marries or is going to marry Grobe's son. Unless the argument is just he will never be able to fire him now.

Everyone and their mother has basically conceded that with Grobe comes Steede. If Grobe hasn't fired him by now he certainly never will.

I agree with the majority here, he gameplans well, he just calls plays poorly during a game. Every now and then, he hits a groove for a quarter or a half in which he calls great timely plays, but not usually.

The best we can hope for is that he becomes associate head coach or something and stays as the OC strategizer but gives up in game play calling to someone more dynamic. Because it seems like we have the players at the skill positions

Didn't he just fire a coach who had been with him for 17 or so years?

Sure, but keep in mind to "shake things up" Grobe just fired the special teams coach. I wouldn't consider that a particularly huge shake up, personally. billings yes.

I believe the psychology is this: Grobe stayed here after the Orange Bowl essentially for this exact reason - he can do whatever the hell he wants to with his staff. If he wants to hire a 12 year old to run special teams, he can. If he wants to hire my mother-in-law, he can. That is why he is still at Wake. I guess if he doesn't think Lobo is a good OC, he will can him. but he doesn't think that, apparently. I personally don't think he is a bad OC, I think he doesn't have a feel for play calling. I don't know if we have anybody better on staff, but he is average at best IMO.

i would pay good money, well $.50, for a photo of the chain gang that hangs out at the wall stalking 18 year olds

i would pay good money, well $.50, for a photo of the chain gang that hangs out at the wall stalking 18 year olds

I don't know if you've heard or not, but LK and I have photos of one of them from a Starbucks we tracked him to, secret agent style. Send me 25 cents and they are yours.

Three examples in the history of the world?

3 examples from your own college backyard...

Your accusations are baseless... I assume you don't like Grobe because he replaced a black head coach?

I don't think I've ever once seen Ph defend Caldwell.

Really dumb, bigoted post.

Or Henry for that matter. I was one of Caldwell's harshest critics. Was glad to see Charlene Curtis go too.

At least we're seeing Lectro's true colors.

Your accusations are baseless... I assume you don't like Grobe because he replaced a black head coach?

:confused:

Especially stupid because even if he WAS a huge fan of Caldwell, he'd probably be happier that he is a HC in the NFL.

Last edited:

that's raciost

Last edited:
Or Henry for that matter. I was one of Caldwell's harshest critics. Was glad to see Charlene Curtis go too.

At least we're seeing Lectro's true colors.

How do you like "baseless aspersions" cast your way on a public forum?

Not good is it?

Back