• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman email ... Bzz staying

Just got back from Atlanta and Saw this..... OMG we may never see the NIT again.... Wellman has destroyed our program. I'm no longer BZ out... I AM 100% WELLMAN OUT!!!

Is the letter posted on the other board? You'd think if it was real, it'd be taken down, right?

Is the letter posted on the other board? You'd think if it was real, it'd be taken down, right?
There is a thread about it on the premium board. Doubt there is anything earth shattering in it though. I don't know if that adds any credence to it or not.

Hey - now that we're on Page 28... if you're bored and want to get really angry - go back and re-read the letter on Page 1.

From the offices of the WF Athletic Department:
Hey Dumb Asses!

You have undoubtedly heard that Chinnault, Deroisers and Fields have intelligently decided to transfer to a school with a functional basketball program. Their decisions are to be expected and hardly faze our basketball staff, players and everyone associated with our program. Furthermore, it is important that we publicly undermine their decisions and, at the same time, continue to fail to seize any opportunity that this may present.

Unfortunately, the college basketball culture today is one in which players transfer regularly from bad programs. Just this season multiple players are transferring from underwhelming programs like Louisiana Tech, South Missouri State, SUNY - Albany and Wynona State. Louisiana Tech and SUNY-Albany had their best seasons in many years...over FOUR WINS COMBINED! Yet, they still are losing important players. It's important for us to find a solution to this phenomenon, both nationally and in our own program. Early speculation has led to simply not being awful but we feel there is a less intensive way remaining to be found.

As you can imagine, some will suggest that this is a significant blow to our program and they are right. Although we are not surprised that Tony, Carson and Anthony will not continue with the team, our team will make sure to use their departures as an excuse when it fails to accomplish its most basic goals. Of course, their scholarships become available immediately and our staff is prepared to make short-sided and poor decisions about the use of those scholarships that will benefit our program long term (they'll be gone by next year).

It is extremely important that we move forward together in support of the athletic department and its leader. While these transfers are bad for my buddy and my image, it does not deter us from our long term goal of establishing a precedent of poorly coached basketball and inefficient management of the team. Jeff and his staff are doing that and I remain confident that their decisions and actions will ultimately lead us to achieving our goals. As we move forward, it is important to remember the following points about the condition and direction of our program:

The vision for our program has not changed whatsoever. We will have a championship caliber tie production program... competing for Brooks Brothers championships, advancing to the Men's Wearhouse Tournament and eventually going to the Final Four. NC State's bass fishing has nothing on us...
We will build a program based upon transfers, players who are committed to athletic and academic excellence once at their new schools, players who have the character and commitment to recognize WF is not a place to succeed, coaches who recruit players who are a good "fit" at their future universities, players who will work hard to improve their next team's program, players who will continue to develop throughout their careers at said school and be with the team until they graduate or until they are high NBA draft choices.
The basketball staff will recruit by establishing great relationships with the recruit's grandparents early in the process. For instance, Jeff has already attended many nursing home socials of some of the best 2013 and 2014 recruits and has built very good relationships with them over bread pudding.
It is important not to criticize the players for their decision. Such comments does not help them or us. Plus, it indicates they're actually intelligent.
None of the transferring players were run off but we did have a giant black bear follow them around until they transferred. They were all welcome to return to our team next year provided they survived.
Comparing Jeff's first two years with us to other new coaches is a valid analysis but does not make us look good so please don't do it. Pretty please... with cherries on top.
Our basketball future is extremely bright, most likely from the impending supernova. It has been a challenging two years but I can only hope to bring you an even more challenging third year. I appreciate the support that you have given us and all I have to say is Deacon Tower bitches... Come at me bro, I'll take Deacon Tower with me if you run me off. Not so tough now, huh?
Our basketball is based on the based on the definition of insanity... doing the same things over and over but expecting different results.

Go Duke! Oh...wait...I mean, Go Deacs!

Last edited:
"The basketball staff will recruit by establishing great relationships with the recruit's grandparents early in the process."

lol

No way this letter is real. Despite the whole Bz debacle, I still have way too much respect for Wellman to believe that he could write anything this sloppy, or this condescending. No way it's real.

What's troubling is that a lot of intelligent WF grads (myself included at first) really believed it was real, because Wellman's actions (or lack thereof) seem to reflect the sentiments in the letter. So whether the letter is real or not, we're f*cked. (Hey, a new thing for WF to stand for!)

Regardless of the whether or not the letter is real, the situation at Wake is bad.

4 returning players with ACC game experience.... Let me say that again. 4 returning players with ACC game experience....

This is exactly where we were at 2 seasons ago.

[Redacted] has lost control of his team and Wellman has lost control of the situation and the fan base.

A change needs to occur now and at the top. Wellman out 2012! PERIOD.

Regardless of the whether or not the letter is real, the situation at Wake is bad.

4 returning players with ACC game experience.... Let me say that again. 4 returning players with ACC game experience....

This is exactly where we were at 2 seasons ago.

[Redacted] has lost control of his team and Wellman has lost control of the situation and the fan base.

A change needs to occur now and at the top. Wellman out 2012! PERIOD.

With the right coach, though, we could be OK. Skip won an ACC regular-season title with J-Ho, three sophs and a bunch of frosh. We don't have a J-Ho, but Travis and CJ are damn good players.

I do think, however, that the email is either a fake created by someone on these boards, or genuine with someone very familiar with these boards advising wellman - lots of boards talking points addressed explicitly.

I have 100 percent confirmation that the Wellman email is real. I have never before represented any inside information on the boards (I don't play games with this stuff).

I do think, however, that the email is either a fake created by someone on these boards, or genuine with someone very familiar with these boards advising wellman - lots of boards talking points addressed explicitly.

Well, the "board talking points" are likely the same thing RW is hearing from his critics.

No way this letter is real. Despite the whole Bz debacle, I still have way too much respect for Wellman to believe that he could write anything this sloppy, or this condescending. No way it's real.

What's troubling is that a lot of intelligent WF grads (myself included at first) really believed it was real, because Wellman's actions (or lack thereof) seem to reflect the sentiments in the letter. So whether the letter is real or not, we're f*cked. (Hey, a new thing for WF to stand for!)

We have multiple second hand confirmations that this is real. No one has outright said, my contacts say it is fake.

Obviously, most of these are second-hand, but there are some people that have said it is real that I would trust with my life.

Just got a text from someone that says Wake is still paying Dino and would have to pay Bz for three more years if he were fired. No way a school with our resources be able to pay for three basketball coaches.

Why did you. Red a text for that info? Been on here for weeks

Just to show that there are still people who are not Bzz/Wellman OUT, I think Bzz - like all coaches - deserves to coach his own recruits for a season or two. I had a big problem with the types of individuals recruited under the old regime, and I'd like to give Bzz the opportunity to coach a class of his own recruits. It may not work out, but any coach deserves that chance, in my opinion.

Just to show that there are still people who are not Bzz/Wellman OUT, I think Bzz - like all coaches - deserves to coach his own recruits for a season or two. I had a big problem with the types of individuals recruited under the old regime, and I'd like to give Bzz the opportunity to coach a class of his own recruits. It may not work out, but any coach deserves that chance, in my opinion.

I'd agree, except for coaches that never deserved the job in the first place. This whole thing has been an anomaly from the get-go. Fire them all.

I'd agree, except for coaches that never deserved the job in the first place. This whole thing has been an anomaly from the get-go. Fire them all.

+1 the whole hire was a joke and [Redacted]'s had a chance at Colorado which wasn't successful. Why would we think he would be any better at our school? Losing 2 full basketball teams in 2 years! With all the youth we'll have he won't be able to do anything for at least another 2-3 seasons. I personally think he's already had 2 seasons to many and do not want to endure this pain 2 years, 3 years or God help us longer.

Wellman needs the axe for this hire and [Redacted] needs to go back to being an assistant. He's not a person who can relate to people which should be apparent to 95% of the population by this point. Regime change NOW!

Back